~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Bible Conference - November 17th - 19th

Wow, so much has happened since the last time I really posted. I'll try to do a little catching up. :)
Nov. 17 - 19 we (Dad, Mom, Trissy, and I) all went with Mom's parents (our only living grandparents - Dad's parents both died before he and Mom married), up to the northern part of the state to a Bible Conference we try to attend every year (Dad doesn't always get to go, because of his work, but the rest of us have only missed once in 10 years!). It was wonderful! The people who 'run' it were missionaries at the same time Mom and her folks were, and they sort of grew up together, so we are still all really good friends. We always look forward to it every year, and get a such blessing from the Conference! It's always so refreshing to hear 2-3 solid days of good preaching, and getting to see and visit with old friends is always a treat too! This year it was a little shorter than usual, beginning Tuesday night and ending Thursday morning instead of Friday morning like past years. But next year it will probably be back longer.
This year I was especially blessed. It felt like the Lord was just almost having fun seeing how thrilled He could get me! I mean that in no way irreverently (speaking of God Almighty as if He were of the same type of mind as a human - He knows all things!) but it really was as if He was just poring and poring down joy upon me! Maybe I can go into details later. But anyway, we all came back so refreshed and thankful, and I was on "cloud nine", as they say :) .

Lately (for about the past 2 or 3 months) the Lord has just really impressed upon me the significance, importance, and - sadly - neglect of this verse:

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness,
and for His wonderful works to the children of men!"

Ps. 107:8

I 'discovered' this verse at a very discouraged time in my life, and have been working on memorizing verses 8 - 21.
With all the recent blessings (and the Conference being sort of a climax), it seemed my heart was just singing - and this verse was the song.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I like your new background! I see it is snowing on your blog now too! :)
Ps. 107:8 is a very nice verse. Daddy was just reading Ps. 107 the other evening!