~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Monday, December 14, 2009

"Kyrie"

This afternoon I recieved quite a shock.
I suppose most of you know that I am a college student. Thankfully, I have two classes online, so I can do them in the safety and atmosphere of 'my own dwelling'. But I also have two at the college.
As a believer, my fore-most goal is to bring glory to my Father through my life. My second goal (and one way I can accomplish the first) is to live in such a way as to lead others to a saving faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. I have tried to do that during my time at the college, and have been able to cultivate a definite, though admittedly shallow, friendship with a few of my classmates. Three girls in particular. Today was the last day of class for this semester, and one of the classes was one unrelated to my major, so barring a miracle, I will most likely never see those young people again. I was able to catch one of the girls as we left class, and invite her to our Thursday night college Bible study. One I had already invited earlier in the semester, but she lives a pretty good driving distance away, and probably will not come. The third I just a few minutes ago ran into outside the library, and we carried on a bit of small talk for a few minutes before I felt it was a good time to invite her as well. Each time I have casually mentioned something about church or the Lord, she remains polite, (she's a nice pleasant girl) but I can see the little muscles around her eyes and lips tighten and it's as if her brain has sort of turned off. So I've tried to just bide my time, and keep being friendly, hoping to win her trust, and eventually show her the real meaning behind why we exist. So anyway, I invited her, and she was not rude, but still not enthusiastic (to say the least). I had noticed a white ribbon pinned to the lapel of her sweater, and as we parted - being the curious, naive person I am - I asked her what it was for, thinking in the far recesses of my mind that just maybe it was for purity. Ha. Perhaps I should not have asked. I don't know the ages and extent of worldly exposure all my readers have had, so I won't give her answer (though I had to look it up to verify the meaning) but I'll just say it symbolized support for an abominable wickedness, and you older ones will probably guess.
I felt totally shaken, and almost 'dirty' on the inside - she seemed like such a nice girl (as modern girls go)! No strange piercings or tatoos. Oh dear God in Heaven! No wonder Your Son wept over Jerusalem! But even as she answered, it was a bit reluctantly - she knew I would not approve - yet a tad defiant.
Dear readers! Please pray for this young girl! I gave her our phone number, in case she decided to come to the Bible study, so she knows how to contact me if ever she should decide to. But I have no way of knowing if I'll ever see her again!
Please pray for the Lord to reveal Himself to her in a way that would make her realize that she will never be happy unless she has Him as her Master and Friend!

This incident reminded me of the verse that says something to the effect of:

The Cross is - to them that perish - foolishness.

"Kyrie!" - literally.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Kyrie!

I will be praying for this girl! God Bless you for talking to this girl and inviting her to your Bible study! i pray that you have caught her attention and she would wonder what is different about you, and hopefully come to the study to find out.

Cora Beth said...

Dear Kyrie~
Thanks for sharing that! I'll be praying for that yound lady too... How terribly sad!

And yet, I'm not terribly shocked... I've had some similar experiences with girls of the world (a half cousin especially who was into reading about witchcraft!)--ones which make me truly appreciate what my parents have done to keep me out of the system where there's so much peer pressure to do wrong and so few values that are right. How hard it must be for anyone to maintain their stand on the Lord in a system like that! I'm so glad that you have the strength (in the Lord) to share the Lord with these girls and pray that He'll help them to listen...
Blessings on your life~
Cora

Josh said...

Hi Kyrie,
I will definitely be praying for this young lady. Hearing about your testimony for the Lord on the college campus was really encouraging to me. So many people are either to scared to share about Jesus or they don't even care.

Also,
I wanted to thank you for the comments that you leave for me on my blog. I greatly enjoy reading them! Thanks =)
I did not see a place to follow your blog, but I would like to! I can still add you to my dashboard reader!

God Bless you sister in the Lord,
Josh

Josh said...

Hey Kyrie,
Okay, I voted on your Sunday Poll. Currently, we are spending Sunday at our home doing "church" together as a family. My explaination? Recently, the small, family-integrated, church that we have been fellowshipping with since it started 7 years ago, made the final desision after months of praying and seeking the Lord's will, to part ways and meet somewhere else. There were several different reasons we felt the Lord bringing our fellowship there to a close. Anyway, we are seeking the Lord's will for our family, so in our time of waiting on God, we have been "meeting" in our home studying God's word as a family!

In Christ,
Josh