~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Monday, December 21, 2009

Where are they going?

As those of you who know me well are very aware, I am extremely influenced by television. Now, for those of you who don't know me well, please allow me to explain before you jump to conclusions.
I have been blessed with an extremely imaginative imagination. When I see a new movie or TV show that I enjoy, I am caught up in the story, and fall in love with the characters. For hours, or even sometimes a couple of days, after seeing the film, I go through my tasks with my mind wrapped up in reliving the story and adding to it.
But this phase does not usually last long. A couple of days at most. If it was a good clean movie, then I still enjoy it, but unless it was written, directed, and acted out by believers, with the purpose being to give glory to God, (ie. Facing the Giants, Fireproof, etc.) then I am soon overcome with a maddening, almost frantic, saddness and desire to know, "Where are they going?!"
I have, since I was about 11 or 12, had a burning passionate love for actors and others invloved in film and TV - to win them to Christ. I thought perhaps I could get invloved in acting - in my young naive mind, I could see myself hitchhiking to Hollywood, becoming an actress, and through my overwhelming witness for Christ, tip the first dominoe that would start a full-scale revival sweeping through the world of film and television. Hmm. A few years and (hopefully) a little more maturity later, I now see the Swiss Cheese characteristics of that idea!
But even with the passing of the years, my love for these people and my burning desire to see them saved has not faded in the least. Indeed, if anything, it has increased.
Last week we had an early Christmas with the members of the family who will be elsewhere on Christmas day, and spent the time in relaxing occupations, visits, gift-giving, and other pleasant enterprises. One of the things we did was watch a movie. And not just a 'movie' but a 5-hour British depiction of three novels. To be that long, and a secular production, I was quite impressed with the 'cleanliness' of the content, and the story was definitly interesting, engaging, and (thankfully) not overbearingly romantic (I am not 'into' romances at all! I do like Fireproof, but that's different). In short, I enjoyed the movie.
Having said that, and with my above description of what my soul encounters after such a happening, you can guess what has followed...
I do not mean to be mournful or depressing in the least, but often I do find myself depressed - where are they going? What kind of lives do they live? What motivates them? Are they satisfied with their lives? Are they happy?
Strangely though (or, not so strange - God is all-powerful) many times, when I am presented with a 'new' set of these people, the Lord has given me a specific verse, often a little-known one, that seems to come out of the blue, yet is so appropriate to that group or movie.
This one was Daniel 6:27 -

"He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions."

Our Lord is amazing! He is not willing that any should perish, but that all would come to repentance, and He will give them every chance to surrender! Praise His Merciful Name!

In recent years, whenever I am having a spiritual 'crisis' of some kind (especially in relation to people I am burdened for), I have found it comforts me to express myself in poetry - which is kind of ironic, given the fact that I used to be the world's most scornful person when it came to poetry!
I wrote this one because of this last movie and it's people.


What of this world can tempt a soul to turn it's back on God?
What reward is to be gained by tramping earthly sod?

I, for one, look to the sky where is my truthful home -
My thoughts fly up on misty wings, amongst the heights to roam.

Why is such import put upon a fragile crown of gold?
Or, even more, upon men's praise which falters, then grows old?

What, dear soul? Doest thou not hear the weeping of the Lamb?
Dear Adonai, Jehovah God, our Lord, the great I AM?

'Twas just for YOU He shed that blood, more precious than rarest jewel!
Only for YOUR sake He died, and paid that price so cruel.

Now will you turn your back on Him - the One Who gave you life?
And choose instead this world below of anger, pain, and strife?!

Oh foolish heart! Oh poor lost soul! There is yet now still chance
to turn from ill, to turn to God, and with joy in heart - to dance!

Kyrie

1 comment:

Josh said...

Hey Kyrie,
Upon recieving the comment that you left on my blog, I came over here to look at the post regarding the "sister" movie! Truth be told, my emotions are easily swayed by what I watch. Like North & South, my emotions somewhat mirrored the ones in the movie. This is definitely not a good thing, and instead of broadening my range of movie genre as most people do, I find myself becomeing increasingly aware of the evil in this world and seek to elimminate as much of my exposure as possible through the narrowing of my movie selection.

You are very talented at poetry! I have always wished to express my feelings on paper in a more efficient manner, but alas! I have not near the talent to which you possess!

God bless you Kyrie, your blog has been an encouragement to me!
Josh