~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Monday, December 28, 2009

Where are they going?: a related post

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We certainly had a nice one! But I'll post more about it later.

I wanted to share a little thing that happened Saturday evening. I didn't have access to the computer at the time, so I just jotted it down, and now am posting it:

~

Dec. 26, 2009

I have such a longing to see people saved! And such a long list to pray for! Once I have been burdened to pray for a specific person (or persons) I desire that the burden would not leave or lessen, that it will not fade in the destractions and continuation of 'ordinary' life.
This evening as I was going about working on some tasks and praying for the people on the movie I told about in the post 'Where are they going?', I was very discouraged in spirit - sometimes it seems so hopeless: If they haven't surrendered to the Lord by now, what are the chances they ever will at all?!
I felt desperate, and was praying as if I needed to 'make Him see it the way I saw it' so to speak. Like I had to persuade Him of the importance of the issue, and convince Him to do something about it!
Suddenly it came to me - something I knew in my head, but it was as if it hadn't reached my heart, and it all-of-a-sudden hit me with this quiet urgentness (if that's a word) - the Lord is just as grieved as I am that these I love don't know Him! I could almost feel a sigh of love and sadness, and hear a still small Voice say, "Don't you know I care, even more than you do? Just let Me work; let Me have them - trust them into My hands."
A moment later I noticed a gentle baritone singing (we are at my grandparents' and they have music going). The song was that dear old hymn "Like a River Glorious". This is the verse that caught my ear:

"Like a river glorious, is God’s perfect peace,
Over all victorious, in it's bright increase;
Perfect, yet it floweth, fuller every day,
Perfect, yet it groweth, deeper all the way."

God's peace...

~

How perfect the timing was...

Later I looked up the words to the whole song. Here it is:

"Like a river glorious, is God’s perfect peace,
Over all victorious, in it's bright increase;
Perfect, yet it floweth, fuller every day,
Perfect, yet it groweth, deeper all the way.

(Refrain)

Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blest
Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest.

Hidden in the hollow of His blessed hand,
Never foe can follow, never traitor stand;
Not a surge of worry, not a shade of care,
Not a blast of hurry touch the spirit there.

(Refrain)

Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blest
Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest.

Every joy or trial falleth from above,
Traced upon our dial by the Sun of Love;
We may trust Him fully all for us to do.
They who trust Him wholly find Him wholly true.

(Refrain)

Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blest
Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest."

Isn't it beautiful? The first and last verses especially seemed so appropriate for this. What was even more interesting was that the next morning's (yesterday now. I looked up the rest of the song yest. afternoon) Sunday school lesson was discussing some of the reasons God allows (or even causes) people to go through difficulties, or "trials", and the last verse focuses on that. The whole thing was just neat.
Long story short, I'm still burdened for those people, but I know that the Lord is controlling everything, and that the best thing for me to do is to keep praying that He will draw them to Himself, and then just trust Him for the rest.
I wonder, would any of you would care to pray with me?

No comments: