~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Keeping It Classy - Modest Fashion Week Day 1 - Sunday

Well, recently I stumbled across a blog called Bramblewood Fashion. I don't remember just how I found it, but I have been keeping (well, trying to - I truly don't get much Blogging time) up with what Ashley and Gabrielle have had to say about 'fashion'.

One of the things that caught my attention was the promotion of a "Modest Fashion" Week in February. This event's purpose was to encourage modesty, while 'proving' that modest people haven't got to be 'frumpy'.
"Hmm, that looks interesting," I thought to myself :) , as well as being needed. I'm afraid the term "modest" has come to be synonimous with the word "frumpy" in the minds of many. So, while I claim to have no fashion sense of my own (my sister Trissy suggested several of my outfits for the week), I know the types of things I like to see on other people. I guess that's got to count for something! And Trissy is planning on joining in as much as she can. She doesn't have a blog, so her outfits will be posted on my blog.
Oh, one other 'clarification' - I do not have a good quality camera, so please bear this in mind when considering the 'photography' :)
Sooo, without further ado, our outfits for the first day of the 'Event (of course, being Sunday, we were dressed for church):

Me:



Yes, my stance does look a little strange... It was terribly windy, so I was trying to just get my skirt to hang straight long enough for Trissy to snap a decent picture! So no, my arms and back don't look this hunched and strange all the time...
Ok, my outfit:

White Blouse (I read somewhere that one of the essentials for a 'classy' wardrobe is a white button-up blouse - guess I'm off to a good start ;) !): JCPenny's during an end-of-the-season sale for $10-$12 I think.
~
Tan Knit Vest (It's really soft. Basically the only time I wear this vest is with this outfit. Trissy loves it when I do.): A local consignment shop for less than $5
~
Brown Paisley Wrap Skirt (I really love this skirt, but I 'ration' the amount I wear it, 'cause it has tiny little 'dashes' of copper glitter that I'm afraid will wash off the more it's washed... :) Yeah, I know, I'm extreme): Made by Mom, fabric from Wal*Mart I think from the $2/yard section
~
Embroidered Brown 'Mary-Jane' shoes (The last pair, and they happened to be just close enough to my size that I can stuff paper in the toes and still wear them ;D I LOVE these shoes! The embroidery and style just look 'Narnian' somehow ;) !): Wal*Mart for $11

Ok, now Trissy:



Silver Mother/Daugher Circle and Hearts Necklace: From Mom for Christmas 2010
~
Bright Blue Turtle-Neck Sweater and Plaid Skirt set: From Dad and Mom for Christmas (2008 I think)
~
Black Shoes: K-Mart maybe? It's been several years, but they've held up well and are Trissy's Sunday winter 'staples'.

Ok, well, there are our Day 1 outfits! Looking forward to the rest of the week!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

No comments: