~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Monday, February 14, 2011

Keeping it Classy - Modest Fashion Week Day 2 - Monday

Mom took pictures of me this morning before I left for school. My shirt and skirt are both cotton, so I wanted pictures before I got "rumpled" from riding to, then spending time in, school. Well, I was going to upload the pictures at school, but when I looked at them, they were really dark and grainy. *Sigh* So, I set the camera on the top of Tilly (my car :) ), set the timer, and ran away a good distance to let it take my picture. Well, apparently I ran a little too far, because by the time I cropped it down so you could see 'me', the photo ended up being grainy (and me looking 'rumpled') anyway! I didn't have any more time though (I had to get to the Academy to work), so this will just have to do :]

Me:




White Knit Sleeveless Shirt: Snitched from my Mom's closet :) Truthfully, I borrow it so much that I wear it more than she does! Don't remember (if I ever knew) where she got it, or how much she paid for it, but it's great to wear under other light-weight white shirts, or as an 'under' shirt with a button-up one.
~
Cobalt Blue Button-Up Shirt (I really like this shirt, except it's 100% cotton, and wrinkles up right away, as you can see): JCPenney's at the end of the season for about $5
~
Chocolate Button-Up Skirt (no pockets :/ - I live out of my pockets - otherwise a great skirt): A cousin's yard sale for $1
~
Tan Vintage Sandals (I love these sandals - the only problem is that the soles are so hard that my feet begin to hurt towards the end of the day): Hand-me-downs from a friend at church.


Trissy:


Dark Blue Knit Shirt: Hand-me-down to Trissy from me :) Don't remember where it originally came from
~
Dark Mint/Teal Blue (not really sure what color you'd call it, but it's a beautiful shade of blue) and Slate Blue Patterned Knit Shirt (she loves this shirt and wears it as much as she can get away with - she jokes that she doesn't know what she wore before she got it LOL!): JCPenney's on sale for about $7
~
Slate/Dark Powder Blue Sweater: From Dad and Mom. Don't remember what occasion.
~
Straight Navy Skirt: JCPenney's on sale for $?
~
Navy Knee Socks
~
Black Loafer-Style Shoes (I like these shoes on Trissy. They're nice and practical, but the tiny buckle-and-strap deal on the toes adds a nice touch.): JCPenney's on sale for $? (the box says originally $50, but I KNOW we didn't pay that much! LOL!)

As you might can see from our descriptions, we are firm believers in sewing, sales, consignment stores, and hand-me-downs!

'Til next time - Keep Looking Up!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You both look lovely!