~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Literary Blog Party

{Note: This post is incomplete. Please wait to read it until I have time to finish filling out the questions. Unless of course you're the type that's GOT to go through with something once it's within your grasp...
Just bear in mind there's alot missing still.}

I had a few free minutes today, so decided to go blog-hopping :). In my wandering, I found a blog that is hosting a 'blog party' of sorts, with a questionair on the reader's literary opinions. Click here to read the whole post. I decided to join in because I LOVE books/reading and I like random, trivia, 'about me'-type events and things (both to be a contributor to, and an observer of others' contributions).
So, here goes.


•What, to you, forms the essence of a true heroine?




A faith in Christ so strong that it dictates everything she does and how she reacts to every situation - no matter how small or how great.
(By the way, if anyone knows the name of this painting, please let me know)


•Share (up to) four heroines of literature that you most admire and relate to.

1) Kirsten from George MacDonald's "Heather and Snow"
2)
3)
4)


•Five of your favorite historical-fiction novels?

1) Little Men
2) The Scarlet Pimpernel
3) Tree of Freedom
4) Johnny Tremain
5)


•Out of those five books who is your favorite character and why?

Oooh, that's difficult. But probably, if I really HAD to say, it would probably be Dan from Little Men. Why? Well, I think of all the characters I've met in the hundreds of books I've read, Dan has been the one I've understood and related to the most - we are so much alike.


•If you were to plan out your dream vacation, where would you travel to - and what would you plan to do there?

The highlands of Scotland. I would take a few of my favorite George MacDonald books and a couple of others in a leather messenger bag, a lunch, and a camera, and treck the hills the whole time. Well, I would like to visit Banockburn too.


•What is your favorite time period and culture to read about?

Wow, pretty much anything historical. I'm especially fascinated with American and Scottish history. I love historical fiction written from a Christian point of view.


•You have been invited to perform at the local charity concert. Singing, comedy,
recitation - what is your act comprised of?

Recitation. I'm horrible at 'planned' comedy - though I've been pleasantly surprised at how easily I keep my friends in a state of spontaneous merriment, just by being myself around them! I enjoy memorization, and would probably quote some of my favorite Scripture pasages and/or a few selections from my favorite books and poems.


•If you were to attend a party where each guest was to portray a heroine of literature, who would you select to represent?

Kirsten from George MacDonald's "Heather and Snow"


•What are your sentiments on the subject of chocolate?

It's nice, but not something I can't live without.


•Favorite author(s)?

C. S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia are hands-down some of the best books I've EVER read - and I've read alot of books), George MacDonald,


•As a small, imaginative, red-haired damsel might query; would you rather be divinely beautiful, dazzlingly clever, or angelically good?

Well, good. I'm not sure about the 'angelically' part. Is that even an appropriate adjective in this case? I mean, the angels really don't have a say in what they do or are... anyway...
Just something to think about. I had to throw it in ;)

*Why?

Why did I have to throw it in? Oh! Why did I pick 'good'. Gotcha.
Ok, well


•In which century were most of the books you read written?

Hmmm, not sure!


•In your opinion, the ultimate hero in literature is…




•Describe your ideal dwelling place.

•Have you ever wanted to change a character’s name?

Ha! Yes! Several times.


• In your opinion, the most dastardly villain of all literature is...




•Three favorite Non-fiction books?

1) The Bible - KJV (no offense to the non-KJVers, it's just my preference)
2) "Do Hard Things" by Alex Harris and Brett Harris
3) "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom

•Your duties met for the day, how would you choose to spend a carefree summer afternoon?

•Create a verbal sketch of your dream hat - in such a way as will best portray your true character.

My dream HAT?! Um, well, ok...


•Share the most significant event(s) that have marked your life in the past year.

•Share the Bible passage(s) that have been most inspiring to you recently.




•And lastly, as I am a rather businesslike hostess, may I ask you your views regarding those adorable little items - namely pin back and mirror back buttons? 1). Where would you choose to display a button badge to best showcase your unique style?
2). What image and/or sentiment would most make you smile were it inscribed on your very own compact mirror?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the one who always kept everyone in a state of spontaneous merriment!!! :-)

~ J.R.R.

P.S. Yep, I had to go ahead and read it... it couldn't wait till you had finished filling it all out. LOL you know me