~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Thursday, January 14, 2010

To Be A Light

A new year, and a new semester to start at college.
Once again, I'm taking two classes online, and two at the college. Last year after enduring being surrounded by the trashy language and unashamed immorality in those two classes, I decided I was not going through that again! I would take all classes online - except for any (hopefully just one) web-related classes I had to follow up with from the first semester. Weeell, wouldn't you know it, half fell under that category, and I am again finding myself at the college for approximately 10 hours each week. I got to thinking though - why shouldn't I go through that stuff?! (If I've learned anything from having Bro. Dennis as a Sunday School teacher, it's to ask 'why am I blessed?' rather than, 'why am I suffering?') Many, many believers have gone through MUCH worse, and were staunch witnesses through it all. Surely I am no better than them, that I should be spared meerly to be in the presence of sin. It is everywhere. Sometime, each person faces it, if they are living here, and where else is there to live? Mars?!
The Lord has truly blessed so far though. Seemingly the students in my classes are (for the most part) hard-working and civil, if not sensible. My prayer over and over is that I may be a bright and Godly witness - that they may have no doubt of where I stand, but that they know Who gives me the convictions, the peace, and the witness I have!
Please pray for me, that I would be given the privalege of leading some of them (including my instructor) to the Lord. That I would be a LIGHT in this dark world.

No comments: