~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Working at Victory Road Christian Academy

Our church also has a Christian school in town, and I work with another girl in 'after-care' - where the kids can stay after school until their parents or someone can come and pick them up, if the parents can't be there to get them right when school lets out. It's a good job, really. I'm so grateful to have a job, and especially in that type of Christian environment! It is hard though sometimes, 'cause many of the kids were not raised like I have been, and there are a couple who are just blatantly disobedient and disrespectful. Their parents are divorced, and they don't get consistent, loving care and discipline at 'home' (if you could call it that), so I can hardly blame them. It's just hard to know how to deal with it in an appropriate way when they are rude to me. Well, well, enough of the melancholy! Bro. Earl - our pastor - is also the principle, so sometimes I see him when I'm there, and he is so fun that it always perks me up!

No comments: