~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bro. Dennis, Mrs. Carrie, and "Swu"

I'm so glad it's Wednesday!! We'll get to go to church tonight! Ok, that probably sounds put-on and gushy, but I assure you it's not. I love to be at Victory Rd.! Often I wish I could just go and sit in the auditorium, just to be there. The atmosphere of sincerity, love, and worship seems to linger in the air even when there is nobody there. Anyway, maybe tonight I can find out if Bro. Dennis is well yet.
Bro. Dennis is Bro. Earl's oldest son. He's 34 and teaches the college Sunday School class, is the associate pastor, he's in charge of music, and a hundred other things, it seems. He is amazing - he's like an encyclopedia when it comes to the Bible, music, and (I have a feeling) alot of other things as well. He works as a counselor at a drug and alchohol rehab, and the stress he's under from being in such a spiritually 'dirty' environment is unbelievable. But he doesn't talk about it much, and you would never guess it, if you hadn't heard and didn't know. He is probably the biggest tease I've ever met in my life! He loves to pick on people, but he's the kind of person who's just such an honor to even know, that you find yourself wanting him to pick on you, 'cause you know that if he teases you, that means he likes you! It's so funny to see him and his wife, Mrs. Carrie, together though! She is real calm and sophisticated and stately (but not at all stuck-up or anything! She's wonderful, you've just got to get to know how to 'read' her) and he is so boisterous and hillareous, and always joking or teasing. I guess opposites really do attract, as they say. Their story is really neat too. They are 5 years apart, but he's liked her ever since she was 15, so he just waited for her, and when she was old enough, they got married! I love them both so much. One sad thing though, is that they don't have any children. They've been married about 7 years, I think, and they lost one baby, but they both love kids, and my sister and I (and some others) have been praying for the Lord to give them children. If you want to help us, that would be wonderful! Whenever you think about it. We also set aside a time to pray at 8:30, A.M. and P.M., specifically for this. I have this feeling that He will, but He's just wanting to teach me patience. It's something I want so much for them, and I think He just wants to see if I am willing to just trust Him and wait on His timing.
That's kindof swerving off the original subject, but now you know two more of the special characters in this story. :)
Anyway, in class last Wednesday (the young people meet together on Wednesday nights for their own class) we heard that both of them had the Swine Flu, but Mrs. Carrie didn't have it as bad evidently, cause she was at church Saturday (I'll explain that in another post) and acted like she was fine. Sunday, though, Bro. Dennis wasn't at church cause he was still so bad sick, and his mother Mrs. Shannen (who works at the clinic) had gotten it from him, so she wasn't able to be there either! So maybe tonight we can find out how they are. That makes 6 people at church who have had Swine Flu, or "Swu" as Tanner (the younger brother of one of the young men in our Sun. School class) likes to call it ;) Hope nobody else gets it!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Hi Kyrie!
Thanks for commenting on my blog!
Nice to "meet" you!
I hope you visit my blog again-I will yours!

Just curious... on my blog you wrote "SOLI DEO GLORIA" ... what does that mean??
Oh and by the way~ I really like the poem on your sidebar!
~Hannah :)

Kyrie said...

Hey Hannah! Thank you sooo much for visiting! I will visit you again! Thanks for your comment!

Soli Deo Gloria! means "To God alone be the Glory" It's Latin. My dad is a preacher, and one time he used that in a sermon. It just seemed to perfectly sum up what I want for my life, and for the lives of those I love. I like to attach it to my name whereever I can, where I think it might be a blessing or a witness. Thanks for asking! It gives me a chance to tell :D !
And I'm glad you like the poem. I wrote that out of some really hard struggles I've had, and when I sat down, the words just seemed to come... it had to be the Lord. I put it on my blog hoping it will encourage others who have maybe had some of the same or similar struggles. I put it as Anonymouse cause I wanted people to first just get the message, and not think I was just displaying my work.

Best wishes! Ttyl

SDG!

-Kyrie<><