~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Morning!

Good morning everyone! Oh my, such a beautiful, glorious Sunday morning-with just a little bit of a 'nip' in the air! Oh how I love the autumn time!
I'd like to start out the morning and this post with one of my favorite Scripture passages: Rom. 8:24-28 -

"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but tht Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

I think that is one of the most encouraging and beautiful passages in the Bible, and I just wanted to share it with you this morning!

And now, I discovered that I have been tagged by my friend Hannah! (visit her fun and encouraging blog, Stepping Heavenward) So I will now take a little time and fill it out!

1. Do you like to write?
I like to write stories, letters, on my blog, and several other ways!

2. Favorite books?
All the books in the Bible, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Scottish Chiefs, Little Men, lots more - I love, love, love to read! (any good suggestions?)

3. Do you compose music/write songs?
A little, I love good music, and have composed and written a little bit, nothing has ever been put on paper though.

4. Do you like poetry?
Certain kinds. Some poetry can be silly or depressing. I love Rudyard Kipling's poem, "If", to his son. Good, thought-provoking stuff like that is what I enjoy.

5. Love someone so much who made you cry?
Oh yes!

6. Broken a bone?
Nope, thank the Lord, well, I may have broken my toe once when I jumped into a pool with it being too shallow (it sure felt broken!), but I don't think that really counts.

7.Been in a police car?
Nope!

8.Been on a boat?
Yes, a couple of times. Once when I was real little, my family went out on a lake, and once a few years ago, we went fishing in a friend's boat, then I've been out lots of times on the ponds around where we live.

9.Fallen asleep in school?
Yes...

10. Did you sing today?
Oh yes! This morning as I put away dishes, I was singing a song that's going to be in our Chrismas choir special at church.

11.KFC, Popeyes, or Church's?
I've had Kentucky Fried Chicken a couple of times...We don't really 'eat out'

12.Chick-fil-a or What-a-burger?
Never been to What-a-burger, I support Chick-fil-A because it was started by a saved man, and he refuse to stay open on Sunday, even though the businesses around him said it would hurt them (but it didn't, so he won!), but as I said, we don't really do resturant food much...

13.Starbucks of McCafe?
NO! Coffee? Yuk! And it's bad for you!

14.What's your favorite time of year?
FALL!! Yay! (Love the Fall - ;D )

15.Do you ever talk to yourself?
Oh yes!! I am always talking to myself (usually the stories I like to write in my head), or out loud to no one in particular, or praying softly out loud as I go about my day.

16.Do you have a favorite treat you like to buy on occasion?
Um, not really...We like to make stuff though!

17. Do you believe the Bible is the literal Word of God and is infallible?
ABSOLUTELY

18. What's your favorite sport?
I've never really been a sports person - though I have begun to enjoy football (ever seen Facing the Giants? :D)

19. What color is your ipod?
Uh...Don't have one!

20. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
SCOTLAND!

21.If you could go to any fictional place, where would you go?
Wow... Hmm, how soon have you got to have the answer...?

22.Do you love to write or do you just like writing? Or do you write at all?
Yes, but not really for school, 'cause then there is a deadline, and I do better if I'm able to just let it flow when it comes.

23.What do you want to be when you’re a grown up?
A missionary.

24.Favorite animal?
Horses! But I like lots of other animals too. I really like dragonflies...!

25. Favorite song?
Oh wow! That's hard! I just recently heard a song for the first time when our quartet sang it at church -"Prayer is just as big as God is, prayer is just as strong as God is strong, prayer can reach as far as God can reach-don't ever give up, just pray!"
That's the chorus, and I really loved that song! A couple of my favorite hymns are "Sitting at the Feet of Jesus", "Be Thou My Vision", "I Must Tell Jesus", and "Have Faith in God". I have lots of songs I love!

26.Do you like school?
I love to learn, but I'd rather learn by doing - I really hate textbook work. Like if I'm studying History, say, I'd love to visit Gettysburg, or if it's Science, I'd rather go to a lake or creek, and collect samples. That sort of thing

27.Are you a people person?
Yes, oh yes, I love people!

28. Do you like to talk?
Depends who I'm talking to, how well and long I have known them, and how much we have in common.

29.Favorite food?
Good old down-home Southern cooking!

30.Hobbies?
Oh wow! Lots of hobbies! See my profile under interests for a scratch on the surface :)

31.Favorite author?
My God my Father who wrote the most wonderful book of all, George MacDonald, ... (see my list of favorite books)

32. Favorite weapon?
The Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, a Scottish broadsword, Historic American muskets and rifles.

33.Is this a fun tag or are you getting bored?
It's pretty fun actually.


34.Do you like Hannah Montana and all those girly people and movies like Highschool Musical?
Yuk! Never seen them, don't want to, don't care. Just pray for them.

35.What are you scared of?
Satan, failure, letting my Lord and/or my friends down.

36. Favorite flower?
Oh I just love them all! I love plants and the outdoors!

37.What is the expression on your face?
Thoughtful as I'm typing, I smiled when I read the question!

38. Color of your eyes?
The color of the sky as a thunderstorm is coming on, with the top half of my left eye sort of a caramel color. I love my eyes!
BTW, that's another hobby of mine - studying people's eyes. They say that a person's eyes are the windows into their soul, and many times, I have thought it's true.

Well, I must go for now, anyone who wants to do this tag can.
Time for breakfast and then to Sunday School! Catch y'all later! Take care!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Liked reading your Tag! Oh I like your profile pic too...is that you?
Have a good evening!

Livvy said...

Hi Kyrie!
I saw the comment you left on my blog, asking about the pattern I used (for the purse).
The pattern is Simplicity 2617.
I hope this helps!

Blessings,
~Livvy

Cora Beth said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog a while back! I visited your blog shortly after that, but didn't take the time to comment...sorry! So, I thought I'd leave a comment today. :)

It was neat to see your answers to this tag! (I did it too the other day.)

Blessings,
Cora