~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, November 6, 2009

Last Saturday's Sing

Ok, I'm finally getting to tell about last Saturday. Those of you who know much about me, know I love good, old-fashioned, Southern Gospel quartet music! Well, Sat. we had a quartet come to our church and sing - on Halloween no less! I thought that was pretty smart of the people who planned it! - encourage people to go to church and hear God's truths proclaimed in song, instead of participating (even innocently) in a satanic-like holiday. But anyway, a local quartet (of which three of our men are members) 'opened up' for them. Bro. Dennis sings tenor, Bro. Blake (who is 6'7" tall, and nicknamed "Tiny" :D ) plays the drums (but he's good - not like the kind of music you're probably thinking of that involves drums), and Bro. Jack sings bass. And if you think Bro. Dennis is a blast, whoowee boys and girls! you get Bro. Dennis and Bro. Jack together ... hold onto your socks, 'cause you're in for some side-splitting hillarity!
If you're one of those people (like me) who likes to visualize characters or people your reading about, picture 'Mr. Clean', except with blond eyebrows and goatee, a kinder smile, and no gold earring, and you'd pretty much have Bro. Jack. He and Bro. Dennis are about the same height, roughly 5'9', and are pretty close to the same age (early-mid thirties), and they both are wonderful singers.
The group had been practicing for weeks, getting ready to do this, but when we heard Bro. Dennis was sick, we didn't know if they'd get to sing or not. We should have known he would not have let his end down! And sure enough, he was there and sang his heart out. I was just sure he was going to collapse any minute. He did great though - Dad and Mom said they couldn't tell any difference at all! Trissy and I could tell, 'cause we are around him more, I guess. They sang beautifully, and my grandmother (Mom's parents came with us) said she liked them better than the other group, who has had more experience!
The whole evening was so enjoyable! That's been a week ago tonight, and I was sure I'd get it told about before now (I've left out so much I had wanted to record) - but I stay so busy with college (I really don't like school :{ ) I don't get much of a chance to get on the computer "just for fun".
Well, tomorrow is Sunday, so I'm really looking forward to a day of rest ;) !
Take care! Until next time...
SOLI DEO GLORIA!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Sounds like an enjoyable time! I know what you mean by nice drums...I like them too! I too like good old fashioned sounding music..I play the mandolin, piano, and guitar. Do you play any instruments?
Have a good evening. I hope everything goes well for you as you are doing collage!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
~Hannah

Hannah said...

Oh did you get my comment saying I tagged you? You can go check it out on my blog!
SDG!
~H