~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pickin' Pecans

Well, it's been a few days since I posted last. Y'all will need to forgive me if that happens sometimes...I've got alot going on with school, and if I get free time on the computer, I've got to make it. (Tip: Don't go to college unless you've got to! Example: if your parents want you to, then you must honor them, especially if you are still living under their roof, you are still under their authority, otherwise, don't do it! just a piece of friendly advice... :) )

Today though, I did get to ride my bicycle up to my grandparent's house and pick up pecans under the trees in their yard. That was very enjoyable since I've not gotten to get out in this lovely weather much! And I can just taste the pecan pies! My mom's sister (well, one of my mom's sisters ;) ) makes the best pecan pie you ever ate! Pecans are so much fun to have on hand too, when you just want a nice wholesome snack to munch during a family visit!
We figured out last year that in some cases, like if there are really alot on the ground and we're trying to grab them up in a hurry ( ;) ), it's alot easier to just gather them in our skirts than to try to crawl around, pick up nuts, and drag around a bucket all at the same time!



It's better to just hold your skirt with one hand, and pick with the other! (Just another free tip by the way, you haven't got to pay for that one either ;) !)
Well, I hate to run, but that's really all I have time for - I've got to get ready for church. I did want to at least "touch base", as my mom likes to say :), though.

Take care!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh I think it would be fun to have pecan trees! Up here people sometimes grow chestnuts (black walnuts grow up here too) and those (chestnuts) are SO yummy when you roast them. We have some friends that live near us and they are going to try to grow pecans. We normally just buy pecans shelled or if we want to have them with the shell on we buy them when they are on sale. I agree they are a yummy snack...and in pecan pie too!
SDG! Your friend,
Hannah