~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, June 29, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 39



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Bobby's Fur

2. Hearing: Wren

3. Smell: Petrichor

4. Taste: Henley's Gumbo

5. Touch: Wind

The stories behind the list:

1. I was outside yesterday doing some yard work and being followed around by our three cats. After my work, I sat down in our open garage to pet them for a few minutes and cool off before I went inside. I was struck again by the beauty in Bobby's fur. Bobby is just a cat, but he still praises his Creator simply by displaying the Lord's creativity. Bobby has a beautiful orange and rust striped coat, with bright pure white splashes on his face, chest, and paws. The richness of the orange stripes and the purity of the bright white are so striking. The Lord is so detailed and creative in the design of even His simplest creatures.

2. Several times this week I've been outside and heard the jaunty trilling of a cheeky little wren. I was afraid our cats had driven off the wrens, and it was so good to hear the cheerful little voice.

3. I learned a new word recently, and it is becoming one of my favorites: "Petrichor". Petrichor is the smell outside after it rains. One of my most favorite smells in the world. Sunday night we had a tiny shower, but it still made the earth smell refreshed and cool.

4. Last night dear Henley made gumbo and brought it to Bible Study to share. I'm ususally not a gumbo person, but that gumbo was exeptionally good! She also brought sweet tea, and Henley's sweet tea is probably the best I've ever had.

5. Tuesday and Wednesday I worked on mowing our big yard. I love to mow! The only thing is, we have the kind of earmuffs that are hard against your ears and head. So by the time I got close to finishing the yard, my head was sore and my ears felt pinched and hot. I took the earmuffs off for the last few minutes, and the little breeze that was blowing felt deliciously cool and sweet against my poor little ears :) !

No comments: