~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

S.O.A.P. Journaling - 1 John 1

Date: June 14, 2012
Passage: 1 John 1

Scripture:
"And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full." verse 4

Observation:
This chapter is basically practical reasoning for why Christians' lives can/should be full of joy: We have eyewitness accounts of what we believe! We have fellowship with the God we believe in! Since we have personal fellowship with Him, we have no excuse to let the darkness into our lives, because then we would be representing our wonderful Lord so inaccurately. If our lives are full of Light, and we have fellowship with Him, then we have fellowship with others who have believed on Him, and we live in such a way that we reflect the Light as encouragement back to them, and as a witness to those who do not know the Way.

Application:
How can I have closer and better fellowship with Him? How can I make sure that I exude light and not darkness? This chapter is an excellent 'quick guide'. And by following it, my Joy may be full.

Prayer:
"Lord help me emit Light and Joy. Help me not *'call You a liar' with my life. Help me. Thank You."

*verse 10

No comments: