~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, June 22, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 37



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight:

2. Hearing:

3. Smell: Gloria Vanderbuilt Powder

4. Taste: Red Beans And Rice

5. Touch:

The stories behind the list:

1.

2.

3. When I was little and my family lived in another state, coming here to visit The Grandparents was always a special treat. I remember two things The Grandmother really enjoyed: Dr. Pepper, and Gloria Vanderbuilt perfume. One year for my birthday or Christmas or something, she gave me a small round plastic box of Gloria Vanderbuilt powder. I hoarded that stuff like it was gold dust. And yes, I still have the box, and yes, it still has quite a bit of powder in it. I 'rationed' it then, and I'm not a perfume person now, so there's still plenty that hasn't been used. Mom has always said though, that if you're either cold or hot when you get out of a shower or bath, after you dry off, if you put powder on, it will either warm you up or cool you off.
Of course, being summer, it's hot here now. The other day, I went and dipped into that little store of Gloria Vanderbuilt powder. And smelling it, I was suddenly carried back probably fifteen years to the times when we'd come to visit The Grandparents, giving happy hugs, and The Grandmother smelt like Gloria Vanderbuilt perfume.

4.

5.

No comments: