~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

S.O.A.P. Journaling - John 13:31-38

Date: June 19, 2012
Passage: John 13:31-38

Scripture:
"Simon Peter said unto Him, Lord, whither goest thou? ... Peter said unto Him, Lord, why cannot I follow Thee now? I will lay down my life for Thy sake." verses 36 and 37

Observation:
Jesus was getting ready to leave. The reaction of most of His disciples is not recorded. But evidently, Peter's was so earnest that it could not be left out of the account of this incident. I can just see his expression of shock and sadness, hear the intense anguish and utter disbelief in his voice.
'Where are You going?! Why can't I go with You?! I would die for You!!'

Application:
Poor dear Peter. I think I know a little of how he must have been feeling. How hard it is to be separated, even for the briefness of this earthly lifetime, from someone you love. Even if you know that - because of your mutual faith in Jesus Christ - you will one day be reunited, either here or There, 'good bye' has got to be the most heart-wrenching word/phrase in the world. Yet for a Christian, it can also be one of the most joy-filled; for it either means a moving to greater service for our Lord somewhere, or going Home.

Prayer:
"Oh God thank You for *my dream and it's lessons. Help me to be able to say 'good-by' with Joy."

*To tell a short version of a long story, I had a dream last March about saying 'good-bye'. I can only think of two other dreams I've ever had that were as potent. It gave me alot of 'food for thought'. Maybe, someday, I'll post it here.

No comments: