~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

S.O.A.P. Journaling - Psalm 106

Date: June 18, 2012
Passage: Ps. 106

Scripture:
"Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever. We have sinned with our fathers, ... we have done wickedly. ... Nevertheless He saved ... Save us, O LORD our God, ... Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD." verses 1, 6, 8, 47, and 48

Observation:
This psalm is just what I needed - it expresses perfectly what I'm feeling. The psalmist is bursting with thankfulness to the Lord for all He has done, thoughtfulness over all his own people have done wrong and been through, and pleading for a continuance of the Lord's amazing kindness.

Application:
The psalmist demonstrates an excellent form of thought here, that I (and every believer) would do well to habitually follow. The psalm, strangely enough, does follow a train of thought that my mind often takes. Praise the Lord for His indescribable mercy and kindness!! He has done amazingly in my life! I and my people have done so wickedly, yet His mercy never ends. Blessed be His holy Name!!

Prayer:
*"Bless the LORD oh my soul! Oh, my soul; worship His holy Name! Sing like never before, oh my soul - worship His holy Name! ... 10,000 reasons for my heart to find."

*Lyrics from the song "10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)" - Matt Redman

No comments: