~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

S.O.A.P. Journaling - Matthew 25:37-40

Date: June 17, 2012
Passage: Matt. 25:37-40

Scripture:
"... Lord, when... ?" verse 37 (also 38 and 39)

Observation:
With this 'story' or admonition, the Lord encouraged His followers to consider the fact that serving others (especially *"... the least of these my brethren, ...") was serving Him.
How easy! And yet how often hard.

Application:
What strikes me is the fact that the Godly servants in this set of verses seem to have made service such a way of life that when the Lord mentions it to them, it's almost as if they don't know what He's talking about! They have to stop and ask, 'Now, when was that again?'. I love that! If only my life could be that!

Prayer:
"Father help me to serve others - all others - cheerfully, joyfully, and even happily; as if I was serving You. Help me to find the same wonderful strange gladness serving difficult people, as I do serving those I'm drawn to.
And help it become such a way of life for me, that I don't even realize when I do it; but that others notice, and glorify You because of it."

*verse 40

No comments: