~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

S.O.A.P. Journaling - Proverbs 17:27 and 28

Date: June 20, 2012
Passage: Prov. 17:27 and 28

Scripture:
"He that hath knowledge spareth his words; ... and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." verses 27a and 28b

Observation:
There are times to speak. Times when words are needed in a situation. But so often, silence would be more appropriate. And so often, silence is hard. I suppose that's why a person that can 'hold their tongue' is so praised in the Bible.

Application:
How much I need help with knowing when to speak and when to just not say anything! I would like to think that I'm getting better at it - relationships with others seem to indicate maybe I am learning. But how much work there is still to be done!

Prayer:
"Lord thank You for what You're teaching me about how and when to speak, and when to keep quiet. Help me continue to learn and to be wise, with my words, and with my silences."

No comments: