~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, February 22, 2013

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 73



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight:

2. Hearing: "Your Great Name"

3. Smell:

4. Taste: Flour Chips

5. Touch: Hot Shower

The stories behind the list:

1.

2. So on my way back and forth from our little place out in the country, to town where I work, go to church, etc., I've become addicted to the Christian music station. I don't enjoy the styles of some of the music, but I can always turn it off if it's bothering me, and I've discovered several beautiful songs in the approximately 30-minute drives back and forth. One of these is "Your Great Name". The music and harmony are breath-taking.

"
Lost are saved, find their way, at the sound of Your great name.
All condemned, feel no shame, at the sound of Your great name.
Every fear, has no place, at the sound of Your great name.
The enemy, he has to leave, at the sound of Your great name.

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man -
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name!

All the weak, find their strength, at the sound of Your great name.
Hungry souls, receive grace, at the sound of Your great name.
The fatherless, they find their rest, at the sound of Your great name.
Sick are healed, and the dead are raised, at the sound of Your great name.

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man -
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name!

Redeemer, My Healer, Lord Almighty!
My savior, Defender, You are My King!

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man -
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name!
"

3.

4. Lydia had a bunch of the youth group girls over Monday night. Bro. Nick is still taking seminary classes, and every other Monday he is gone most of the day and into the evening. So Lydia has had a couple of these fellowship nights when he's been gone. She loves demonstrating hospitality, crafting, playing games, and sharing meals, and is very fun-loving with a great laid-back personality. Trissy and I went Monday night and had a great time. Several of the girls had brought craft projects they were working on and we all sat around in her little living room and visited or crafted or cooked our snack-y supper in her little kitchen. She made flour tortilla chips and they were SO good! I'd never seen them made (and watching almost made me not want to eat them, thinking about how unhealthy they were), but now that I know, I want to try them sometime. Not too often, because they are so unhealthy, but once in a while would be a tasty treat. And so easy!
Get a package of soft tortilla shells, and cut each one in fourths. Heat a pan of oil on the stove until very hot. Drop the tortilla fourths in a couple at a time and let them fry. Lift them out, let them drain on a paper towel, and when they are cool, eat up!

5. Sometimes I'm in the shower and I all-of-a-sudden realize again how blessed I am to have access to hot running water. When I'm tired or sad or cold, few things can make me feel better so fast as a nice hot shower!

No comments: