~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

S.O.A.P. Journaling - Hebrews 13

My S.O.A.P. Journal entry from this week's mentoring/discipleship session with Joy:

Date: Feb. 27, 2013
Passage: Hebrews 13
Title: "'... as bound with them ...'"

Scripture:
"Let brotherly love continue. ... Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body." verses 1 and 3

Observation:
Brotherly love - love for our Christian family - is the strongest evidence that we belong to Christ. If we truly love each other, we ourselves hurt when those we love hurt. And what stronger bond of love do we - as followers of Christ - have, than when we are suffering for His name?!

Application:
Many times, I forget about other Christians who are suffering for their faith. believers in most of the rest of the world truly suffer persecution - they are shunned by society and sometimes by their own family, physically abused or even killed, separated from their families and other Christians, tortured... But I must not forget them! I must pray for and remember them, as much as if I myself were suffering too.

Prayer:
"Father help my brothers and sisters that are suffering because of their belief in You. Give them courage, strength, peace, hope, love for their enemies, and joy in their salvation. Help me to remember them, as if I were suffering with them. help me not to take for granted my life of freedom. Help me be prepared if the time ever comes when I must suffer for Your name."

No comments: