~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year's Resolutions - 2011

Well, here I am again, and a new year has begun. I wonder if you remember this post from last year about this time, and my list of resolutions for 2010. In case you don't remember what they are, or in the event that you did not read that post at all, please allow me to refresh your memory:

1. Finish memorizing John 14
2. Read and return that cardboard box full of borrowed books!
3. Learn to be more understanding
4. Get my and Trissy's home-made craft business started
5. CLEP out of English Comp, Geography, and College Algebra

Now, I would like to look at each one, and see how I did with accomplishing them :) .
I'm afraid I did not do quite as well as I had hoped, yet I am satisfied. I think that under the circumstances of all that has gone on this past year, the Lord helped me to do quite well with my list:

1. Finish memorizing John 14

Check. The Lord helped me to get this done fairly early in the year. I do need to brush up though - it's been a little while since I reviewed.


2. Read and return that cardboard box full of borrowed books!

Ooh, not so good. Number-of-books-out-of-that-box-actually-finished-and-returned: zero, zilch, nothing, none
*Sigh* Not much time for pleasure reading this year... I actually finished the first book from that box this week. So here's one that goes back on the list for 2011 lol!


3. Learn to be more understanding

Whoo boy, I sure hope so. I suppose this one really can't be measured for success, or checked off a list. It's work is on-going. I would like to think it's easier for me to 'think before I act', 'turn the other cheek', and 'put myself in their shoes' more than it was last year. Honestly though, it's still hard - real hard - to always just bite my lip and be humble. In fact, I don't. Not "always".
Psalms 145:8


4. Get my and Trissy's home-made craft business started

Check. Well, sort of. This is as far as it's gone. And right now it's obviously more mine than Trissy's. But I hope to work on it more in 2011, and at least it's a start. Check it out and let me know what you think!


5. CLEP out of English Comp, Geography, and College Algebra

Hmm,
Check, ended-up-taking-it-online, and haven't-done-anything-about-it-yet. So, some accomplished, some not. At least, not yet. :)


Now what about this year? 2011? Seems so weird to write/type that - 2011. Anyway...
Will I make New Year's Resolutions this year? *Sigh* Sure, why not. I'll still keep it small, and maybe without SO much school this year, I'll end up getting more of it accomplished.
Ok, here goes:

1. Finish memorizing Ps. 107:8-22, and start on another passage
2. Read and return at least 1/2 of that box of borrowed books!
3. Open an Etsy shop
4. Get the internet/laptop situation ironed out and working (long story - don't ask)
5. Unload at least 3/4 of the stored pictures off of the computer, save them on CDs, and help Mom start printing the ones she wants
6. Get brownies made for Russell and Archer, and a cheesecake for Austin, before the end of January! (another long story - I'll try to get it told at some point)
7. Go on a mission trip

Yes, I added two since last year. For a couple of reasons. Number one, some of them are not that hard, I just need to get them done! So if I get them done before too long, it's not too outrageous to think I'll get some others accomplished. Number two, 7. is on the list out of faith and hope. The church is planning two mission trips for the summer, and I REALLY want to go on one of them, at least. But it's going to take a bundle of money, and I've never tried to raise that much in such a short time. Besides that, there're the issues of care for The Grandparents, permission from Dad and Mom, and other things like that. Anyway, it's up to the Lord whether that one gets checked off or not!

So I'm going to go for now, I'm hungry, and I'm going to go eat a sandwitch :)

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

No comments: