~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Well, I'm Back

Well, Monday we got back from our trip, and I must say I am so thankful to be back! School starts back for me tomorrow, and I have really enjoyed the past couple of days, trying to get some last-minute things accomplished before that 'rat race' starts again!

Though I was not looking forward to the trip, and many times wished I had been able to stay behind, there were enjoyable moments. Sunday night we visited a church where a preacher Dad knew as a boy was pastoring. Actually, he had been pastoring - he left in August, so we just missed him. Dad was disappointed to not get to see his old friend, but it still was a great time of refreshing, for me at least, and I think the others really enjoyed it as well. The attendance was very small, but the people were kind and gracious, and really seemed to be Godly, spiritual folks. The current pastor also preached a great message, and seemed to be one of those kinds of men who, in spite of being from a newer generation, is still one of those good, old-fashioned preachers, who's not afraid to preach it like the Bible has it. He preached from the verse about '... if My people, which are called by My Name, will humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face...'. Sorry I can't recall the reference at the moment, but I'll try to look it up, and put it in later. It's in 1 Chronicles. Anyway, he really did a good job, focusing mainly on the subject of humility. It was so refreshing, after the discouraging week, and was especially a blessing considering we couldn't be at our own church.

So that was one thing I really enjoyed from the trip. Another was the fact that we got to visit Mom's sister and her family who live a couple of states away. Mom's niece (her sister and brother-in-law's only child) and her husband recently had a little boy, and this was our first time to get to see him (they had come over to visit as well, so we got to see them while we were at my aunt's). We spent Sunday night there, and got in a nice little visit with them before heading the rest of the six or so hours on back to 'our neck of the woods'.

I'm sure the Lord is trying to teach me patience (one class I've been enrolled in for some years now ;] ) and trust through the many things that have been happening to me, and that have occurred in my life lately (I think I spelled 'occurred' wrong; oh well, spelling was never my strong point... Any help on that?). Thank you to those who have been praying for me! May I be flexible to learn the lessons. It's tough; but I'm sure I don't need to tell many of you that - you've been there!

Maybe I can post some pictures later - we drove through some beautiful American realistate!

No comments: