~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What God Hath Joined Together...

Sunday was a wonderful day! Somehow everything seemed to glow almost. I can't really describe it, but it was as if the whole day just had this sort of other-worldly type vividness of color and experience - I know, it sounds kind of strange, but that's the only way I know how to describe it. It was really a 'lift' to my spirit though, so I'm posting about it ;)

Part of it (well, at least one thing that happened that I can pin my finger on that wasn't just a 'sensation') was looking over at Bro. and Mrs. A and seeing ... Well, let me say this first:
Because you all don't know these people (I've changed names anyway), then I feel like I can tell this. Bro. and Mrs. A are a couple in the church who I have secretly been worried about for quite some time. They are both very active in the church, they stay busy "doing things for God" as the expression is, and they both 'talk the talk'. But, I've been concerned about them. The two of them. Their relationship as husband and wife. Now, outwardly, everything is fine. But I like to observe people - I always have. I like to study those I love, and try to find out what makes them 'tick'. So, over the past few months I've noticed little things about them... it has greatly concerned me, and I've prayed for them earnestly - that the Lord would give them an unquenchable Love for Him and for each other. One that would only grow stronger as time wears on. One that lasts forever.
Ok, so Sunday morning at one point during the sermon, I happened to look over at them. And Bro. A had his arm around Mrs. A (propped on the back of the pew), and his thumb was just brushing back and forth against her shoulder in this sortof comforting little jesture! Maybe all this sounds silly, but that one little thing just made me sooooo happy! It was just such a cute and protective little action, the type of which I had rarely seen him do. Now, he is always kind, but he has seemed sort of distant to her, and a wife needs to feel safe in her husband. Sunday night was the same thing, only now his whole hand would squeeze or rub her shoulder gently every now and then.
(And yes, I did hear the sermon :)!)

I wanted to include the notes I jotted down in my bulletin about it. One thing that grieves me more than anything is to see marriages break up, and this little incident was just such an encouraging thing - I have cried so many tears for them! So even though (and I know this is true) I can't express my thoughts and feelings very well or successfully, just believe me when I say that the Lord is working, and it is greatly encouraging me.
Here are my notes. I am very happy.

~

Sun. Morn. March 14, 2010

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!" -Ps. 107:8

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

There is none like our God.
No one is worthy to look on Him -
to look to Him
yet, He looks to us;
He deigns to see to our comfort -
to answer our prayers - to dry our tears,
and make us to laugh again...

~

Sun. Night March 14, 2010

God is the God of Love -
He is the God Who answers
prayers, Who banishes heartache.
Glory to His Name

"There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not:
The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid."
-Prov. 30:18 & 19

Oh my dear friends! God bless you!

~

If you would, please pray with me for the strengthening of this marriage, and the glory of God in this couple's life.

No comments: