~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Inside Garden" Update

Just a little update on my "inside garden" experiment :) . I noticed yesterday morning (or maybe it was the night before) that the pot I had planted the Asters and the 'mix' in had little sprouts in it! I was so excited!




And then last night, the dish I have the Shasta Daisies, Forget-Me-Nots, California Poppies, and Carpet of Snow in had sprouts on the Carpet of Snow row, and this morning the Shasta Daisy and California Poppy rows did too! So now in that dish (and yes, it is one of those trays you buy ground meat in. We recycle, OK?! ;) ) the only thing that hasn't come up (yet!) in that dish are the Forget-Me-Nots, and I'm hoping they will soon.
You probably can't even see the little green sprouts in the picture - they are very small still. Maybe if you look really close...




None of the seeds were even supposed to come up for at least a week, but every time the dirt even looks a little dry on top, I've been misting it with water out of Mom's spray bottle we use to dampen the clothes with when we're ironing :D ! So I think that has really encouraged them to go ahead and grow :) .




The only pot that doesn't have anything yet is the Lavendar pot. Hopefully they will start coming up soon.




I have all the dishes in front of our dining-room window during the day, to catch as much sun as possible. Then when it begins to get cold in the evening, I move them away from the drafty window and put them against another inside wall. I can't wait to have little plants to put in the garden!




Don't you just love my Americana flower pots, by the way?! I am a very patriotic and crafty person, and one year while Trissy and I were still young enough to be in 4-H, at one of our end-of-the-year closing programs we had a patriotic theme, and pots like that were used as centerpieces for some of the tables. I commented on how I liked them and would like to paint some myself, and our 4-H leader heard me and just gave me two of them! Wasn't that nice?!

Well, class is about to start so I'd better go. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Cora Beth said...

What cute little plants (and pots!) We haven't started any seeds yet, but plan to sometime in the near future. It's hard to plan for when to get them going, as sometimes spring comes very early here on the prairie (which it seems like it might do this year) and sometimes it comes very late--like last year when we had a snowfall in June!

Happy house gardening and sweet dreams~
Cora