~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Monday, March 8, 2010

Reading And Crafting Are A Good Combination

Good evening to you all! I hope you have all had a wonderful and profitable Monday!
I have been working hard on school pretty much all day, but I'm looking forward to an evening of rest. Mom often reads out loud to us as a family during the evenings, and we've been through lots of good books together that way! Lately she has been reading "The Gentleman From Indiana" by Booth Tarkington. It is a pretty old book. Have any of you read it? If so, please tell me what your opinions/thoughts were about it.
Anyway, while she reads, I work on crafts (Trissy does too sometimes), while Dad watches the backsides of his eyelids (he deserves the rest)! I've made lots of things that way, and it makes the whole evening so enjoyable! I finished my blue/green/yellow dishrag/washcloth Saturday night and started on a stormy blue one, which I finished last night (Sunday) while she read a little while after we got back from church. I thought I'd post pictures, and y'all tell me what you think please. Any suggestions on improvement?

I took these pictures this morning on our dining table, and just as I finished taking the varigated one, the sun came streaming through the dining room window, and so that's why the stormy one looks all lit up like that :) .



Oh, I posted pictures of my finished shawl, so if you want to see them, you can click HERE. Tell me what you think! And not just if you like it - I value constructive criticism as well as praise :) !
Well, I'd better go. I've still got a little school work that's due in the morning. Y'all have a wonderful evening, a good night's sleep, and may the Lord guide your day tomorrow for your good and His glory!

No comments: