~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January's Challenge - from Feminine Farmgirl

Ok, I'm back, at least for a little while.
Jenna, as part of a New Year's resolution, has outlined spiritual challenges for each month of the year, and invited her readers to join her. I know I need the Spiritual help, and accountability, (not to mention the enjoyment of a challenge ;D !) so I decided to continue on here to relate what I have learned each month.

January's Challenge - Brotherly Love

Jenna's Questions and my Answers about this month's challenge:

"How have you blessed the person that you chose to love this month?"

Well, to be honest, I don't know if I even did. I tried my best to show them love, respect, thoughtfulness in the face of unkindness, and cheerfulness, but I truly do not know if they even noticed.

"What bible verses on love encouraged you?"

"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." 1 John 4:8

This verse really challenged me. If I do not love my fellow human beings, how can I truthfully say I love God ?! If I do not love those around me, do I love God?

"Has anything really blessed you, and do you have any thoughts to share on the challenge?"

Wow. I guess I have been blessed while seeing how the Lord has enabled me to 'love' my person this month - at least in action, if not yet truly from the heart (but we're working on that!!). I have been blessed with how He has helped me to have a good attitude, and how comparitively 'easy' it has been for me to not strike back when I have been hurt.

The devil has really been working on me though. This, I'll admit, is a tough area for me - to love everyone equally. Yesterday, the first day after the 'challenge' was over, he really got me good. In a moment of irritation, I lashed out at the person during a situation in which I felt I was not being treated 'fairly'. It was inexcusable, and as soon as it happened, (this is almost unreal, I know) I could almost hear Satan laughing in the background. I pray the Lord will help me overcome this still!!

Thank you, Jenna, for being a Godly sister, and using your blogging talents to point your readers Upward - to a better Life!

1 comment:

Regan Family Farm said...

Thank you Kyrie, for joining the challenge with me and keeping ME accountable too! I will pray for you as you continue to show love to "your person" and I would covet your prayers on my behalf as well:)

Love your Sister in Christ,
Jenna