~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

(Past) Thoughts On: Love

I was doing some cleaning out today and found this brainstorm I'd scribbled on a sheet of scrap paper about a year ago. It must have been about a year ago, maybe a little more, because the back of the sheet had my notes printed on it from the presentation I did for the teenage class at The Grandparents' church (which I tell about in this post) in March of last year. I remember I was really feeling convicted about how I treated others, and was thinking alot about what it really means to love. I was with Mom and Trissy shopping, and while they went in a store, I sat in the car and wrote. These scribbled notes were the honest, candid beginnings of the thoughts I began to write down on this subject (and included on this blog in my Thoughts On: Love post) - one I still struggle with from time to time.

"
What does it mean to love?
How do you know when you love someone?
It's so easy to love the loveable.  What about the despicable?
How do you channel your love in order to use it's power to accomplish the Goal? What are the best and most effective ways?
What is the Goal? - To serve and please God by: Leading the lost to him, and by encouraging and edifying His children.
Pray for love. Beg God to give you the love you don't have, and to tell you how to use the love you do have.
The only way to love is to first be loved.
I love because I have been loved. I am loved because I love.
But one that has been loved, does not necessarily love. *Sigh* It's all so simple, but so confusing.
Is love just love, or are there degrees to love? If you 'love' one person a little bit, but 'love' another person so much that you'd die for them, do you really love either?
"

No comments: