~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, April 5, 2013

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 79



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Man Praying Over Lunch

2. Hearing: Clocks

3. Smell: Cologne

4. Taste: Strawberries

5. Touch:

The stories behind the list:

1. Thursday morning at the restaurant, a hunter in camouflage, big tall boots, and a camo hat came and ordered a burger meal. When it was ready, I took it to the pick-up window, and he came and got it. He went to one of the concrete tables, sat down, took off his cap, and bowed his head before he ate. I've only seen a couple of people do that in the seven months I've been working there, and it was so refreshing and encouraging.

2. Last night I was ready for bed, and I knelt beside my bed to pray before I crawled in - a practice I started a couple of years ago. I love the thought of my God being the last person I talk to before my day ends.
Anyway, I was kneeling by my bed with my arms resting on it, and my head leaned forward on my arms. Suddenly in the silence, I noticed my watch ticking by my ear. Then my little alarm clock on the shelf above my bed. And then the wall clock in Mom's sewing room beside my bedroom. But they weren't ticking in sinc. Each one was slightly ahead of the next one. Or slightly behind, depending on how you look at it. So together in quick succession, the three ticks sounded, "Tkshnk, tkshnk, tkshnk." It was kind of amusing :) .

3. Wednesday evening I was in the gym with Lindsay, Abigail, Piper, Lindy, and Autumn. It was still a little while before class started, so we were just talking or playing basketball. The outside door opened and one of the teen-age boys came in with a gym bag on his shoulder. He looked a little hot and out of breath, as if he'd come from work and had been rushing. He said hello as he passed through the gym and turned down the hallway that leads to the kitchen. The bathrooms are off that hallway, so presumably he was going to change. In a couple of minutes he came back through in different clothes and looking quite refreshed. A little later I went through the hallway for something, and the strong scent of cologne hit me. It wasn't unpleasant, but I had to laugh!

4. Strawberries were on sale this week and Mom bought some as a treat. We've always been fruit-lovers, but since we've been cutting back even more on our sweets and desserts, we've been eating alot more fruit. Tuesday Mom went grocery shopping and I asked her to get two extra cartons and I'd pay for them. When she got back to the house, I helped her unload nad put away the groceries, ant then washed and ate nearly all of one of those cartons of strawberries all by myself!

5.

No comments: