~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, April 12, 2013

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 80



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Mrs. Renae And Her Girls

2. Hearing:

3. Smell: Bar-B-Q Chicken

4. Taste: Sunday Dinner

5. Touch: Hug From Lindsay / Austin And The Dishtowel

The stories behind the list:

1. Thursday morning I was working at the restaurant when Mrs. Renae, Lela, and her other little girl came through the drive-thru. Lela had made honor role at VRCA and had a coupon for a free ice cream cone. When the silver SUV's nose pulled up, I was not expecting Mrs. Renae's face to be the one smiling at me from the driver's side window, nor Lela's from the back. It was such a precious surprise to see those pretty faces. I squealed in my excitement as I exclaimed, 'Hang on, I've got to come around and give y'all a hug!' By the time I'd run through the back and out the side door, Lela was already out of the vehicle, Mrs. Renae was getting out, and the little one was waving from the seat on the other side. Oh how wonderful it was to see them! How painful, but how wonderful!

2.

3. Mom made bar-b-q chicken as part of our Sunday lunch and when I came in Sunday morning from going to make The Grandparents' breakfast, I could smell it. Oh man it made me hungry! It smelled so good!

4. In addition to the bar-b-q chicken, Mom and Trissy made scalloped potatoes (I think they were about the best I've ever had), cooked black-eyed peas, and toasted buttered cornbread in a skillet on the stove (what we call 'fried cornbread'). A king never ate a tastier meal.

5. I tell about these two stories in this post.

No comments: