~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, March 22, 2013

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 77



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Tiny Yellow Flowers In The Grass

2. Hearing:

3. Smell:

4. Taste: Sloppy Joes

5. Touch:

The stories behind the list:

1. Last Friday afternoon I was on my way out to feed the chickens or something, I don't remember exactly what. Anyway, I was walking across our yard toward our shed and our little chicken house, and as I walked along, I noticed all the tiny yellow flowers on the tiny patches of miniature clover, growing almost flat with the ground. They were sprinkled generously throughout the grass in our yard. I've always loved these hardy little clover plants and their miniature, brilliant-yellow flowers. This day, combined with the fresh March breeze, the bright sky, and the warm air, they seemed to be announcing that the winter season is officially over, and that spring is here.

2.

3.

4. Sunday, our youth group at Victory Rd. went to visit another church about half-an-hour away for the night service. I'm not sure of all the details on how it came about, but as I understand it, that church had asked for our youth music group and Bro. Nick to come and lead their youth service that night, and Bro. Nick decided it would be a good thing for our whole youth group to take a couple of the church vans and go too. It was a good experience - getting to minister in another place, interacting with the youth of a neighbor church, and spending time among ourselves as well. After the service, the church served sloppy joes for supper. I don't know if they serve supper every Sunday night, or if it was just in honor of the occasion, but it was a nice gesture, gave the two youth groups more of a chance to get to know each other, and those sloppy joes were the best I think that I've ever had!

5.

No comments: