~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, March 23, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 25



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Paper Raindrops In My Window

2. Hearing: Laughter And Prayers

3. Smell: Cut Grass

4. Taste: White-Chocolate-Dipped Cookie Dough Balls

5. Touch: Breeze In My Hammock / Mom Covering Me With A Sheet

The stories behind the list:

1. Online I found an idea for raindrop garlands to hang in the window. So I dug out my scrap paper and cardstock, selected three shades of blue, cut out random sized and shaped raindrops, and sewed a simple line on the sewing machine, inserting random drops into the line as I sewed it. I made three strands of raindrops, each a different length. I borrowed three suction hooks from Mom, stuck them to my bedroom window, tied loops in the tops of my strings of raindrops, hung them on the hooks, and 'ta-da!' I have perpetual rain! Those little paper raindrops make me so happy :) !

2. On Wednesday night after church we have a prayer time that anyone is welcome to stay after class and attend. It's usually just the college-age young people and Bro. Mike that stay, but we have such sweet times of laughter, sharing, and prayer together. It had been several weeks since Trissy and I had been able to stay, and this Wednesday night was especially refreshing and sweet.

3. I love the smell of fresh-mowed grass!

4. Someone at church gave us some cookie dough balls that were dipped in white chocolate. I was pretty much the only one of our family that liked them, but that was fine with me :) ! They were SO good!

5. This week I finally got my hammock hung. I got it at a garage sale a couple of years ago I think, for about $1, and it's practically brand new. I just hadn't gotten it hung out yet! So this week I did, and I spent a little while one afternoon reading in it and enjoying the fresh spring breeze. But even with the breeze, it was pretty hot and I'd hung the hammock between trees that were too close together, and I couldn't get comfortable, so I went inside. Everyone else was laying down taking a short nap and I knew I had a few minutes still before they would be up, so I just kindof collapsed on the living room couch :) . As I was laying there, almost asleep, I heard Mom come into the room, and in a moment I felt a cool sheet coming down on me. It gave me such a cozy feeling :) !

No comments: