~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, March 9, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 23



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: A Wren On Our Burning Barrel

2. Hearing: Law's Prayer

3. Smell: Our Woods

4. Taste: Chocolate Mint Cookie

5. Touch:

The stories behind the list:

1. I love wrens. I love their pert quirky friendliness. I love how they are so small, but have such bold, daring personalities.
Monday I was in my room and happened to look out my window at the garden and the old metal barrel where we burn papers. There was a cheeky little wren perched on the edge of the burning barrel, bobbing up and down and giving a little opera concert to the world, if it wanted to listen.

2. Tuesday night (my second music practice with the youth music group at Victory Rd.) before we got started, as each one was arriving there was good-natured teasing and such as everyone got into their places and got ready to practice. When everyone was there, Austin called the group to order and started to say, 'Ok, let's start with...' and I think he was going to say which song. But Law, who evidently was still feeling mischevious, interrupted him and finished the sentence, "Prayer!" which actually was appropriate :) . So Austin just kindof smirked and said, 'Ok Law, that's a good idea. Why don't you pray for us before we get started.'
For some reason, most people are uncomfortable praying out loud. I guess it's because it feels like everyone's listening in on your conversation with God.
Anyway, evidently Law is one of those. He kindof made a little bit of a face, but he knew he'd gotten himself into it :) . But he prayed such a sweet prayer! And in it, it caught me by surprise when he said, "... thankful to have Kyrie as a new member of our band. It's good to have her. ..."
He went on, asking the Lord to help us play for Him. That prayer warmed my heart and encouraged my spirit more than I can say.

3. We have a spread of young woods behind our house. I call them "young woods" because it was just pasture when we first moved here. But now the trees are certainly big enough to be called "woods".
I went on a walk Tuesday through them. I love the outdoors anyway, but the smell of the pine and the grass and the fresh air on that walk was positively theraputic.

4. Someone had brought a plate of chocolate mint cookies to church Wednesday night, for people to eat before class time. The parents had picked up the last children from after-school at Victory Road Christian Academy late, and so I had to scurry to get from work to church on time. I didn't even have time to eat a snack or supper, and I was so hungry! I grabbed one of those chocolate mint cookies and ate it on my way to class. It was SO good!

5.

No comments: