~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, February 24, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 21



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: M&M Smiley Face

2. Hearing: 'Peepers'

3. Smell: 'Alamo Book' / Bookcases

4. Taste: Supper On Tuesday Night

5. Touch:

The stories behind the list:

1. I had been out somewhere Friday, and came back in, and on the cabinet was a little M&M smiley face. Two M&M eyes, and a curved row of them for a smile. Trissy had used a dish of M&Ms we had left over from a project, to make a little cheerful welcome for me :) .

2. I don't know what they're really called, but around here we have little frogs Trissy and I call 'peepers', because they hide away in the lower, damp areas of the woods and make quick loud little "Peeper! Peeper! Peeper!" noises. There is a particular stretch of woods on the way back to our house from town where there are a lot of them and when I'm on my way back to the house in the evening (like from Tuesday evening music practice or something), it's such a sweet, pleasant sound and makes me so happy.

3. Dad is a carpenter (among other things) and several years ago he built a set of three bookcases for his study. I don't remember what all was going on at that time in my life, but I associate the smell of the wood varnish he was using on the bookcases to a very pleasant season. Those bookcases also meant that books that had been stored away in boxes for years now got to come out of hiding to live on the new shelves. Treasure time for two avid young readers!
I remember there was a travel book with a picture of the Alamo on the back cover. I love history, and had recently been introduced to the heroism of the Alamo. I sat in the big comfy chair in the study probably for hours looking at that book, and eventually the smell of the new bookcases became one with the thrill of that story.
I don't remember what I was doing or where I smelt it, but at some point this week, I caught a whiff of that particular smell, and it just took me back.

4. I love random (or as Mom says, "Hodge-podge.") suppers. Tuesday night I had pigs-in-a-blanket, scrambled eggs, and yogurt. So good.

5.

No comments: