~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Supreme Happiness

I am supremely happy. This has been a Sunday of great things! Oh how GOOD the Lord is!!

Precious little Maxwell was in church for the first time this morning. Trissy and I had nursery today, so didn't really get to see him until after church. But we didn't have any kids in the nursery for a while, so at one point I left to creep down the hall, around the corner, and peek in at the little windows of one of the doors into the auditorium - the one behind where my family usually sits.
I looked over at Bro. Dennis and Mrs. Carrie, just like I have for so many Sundays in the past. 
I'd look over at them and imagine the day when the Lord would grant my prayers and the prayers of so many others, and they would be sitting together, just like always, but their arms would no longer be empty.

When I peeked in that window, I saw that picture. Only this time it was not my wishful thinking taking snapshots for my hopeful imagination. This time, it was real.
How my heart is singing!

Mrs. Carrie had him in his carrier after church, so no one held him, but (when I finally got over there after rushing to get out of the nursery after church) as Bro. Dennis was taking him up the isle to go to the car, he saw me hurrying over, craning my neck to get a look, and turned the carrier so I could see. I knelt down and looked into that tiny face.

He was so perfect. So little, such a baby, but his face was such a perfect blend of Bro. Dennis and Mrs. Carrie. So real. My heart felt like it might stop.
One little hand was out from under the blanket. I touched it and he moved his fingers, and it was like touching a miracle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so overwhelmed by the KINDNESS of the Lord. We in no way deserve for Him to look upon us with pity, to acknowledge our hurts, to feel or ease our pain. But He does. 


"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Ps. 27:14

"For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of Him:" 1 Samuel 1:27


No comments: