~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, December 16, 2011

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 11



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: A Sweet Text Message From A Teacher At VRCA / Pictures Of Maxwell

2. Hearing: Sunday Morning Music Service

3. Smell: Vanilla

4. Taste: A Poached Egg Over Rice

5. Touch: Flannel Sheets


The stories behind the list:

1. Two really special 'Sight' things this week. One was a sweet text message from a VRCA teacher whose young daughter I have befriended, thanking me for including the younger girl in some of my activities.
The second was my first glimpse - through pictures - of Bro. Dennis's and Mrs. Carrie's precious little son.

2. The music service this past Sunday at Victory Rd. was so powerful. Not that it isn't always uplifting and beautiful, it's just that this Sunday it was somehow just, I don't know, exceptional. Each song had such a strong message, the musicians seemed at their best, a feeling of expectancy seemed to flow from the audience, and there was such a spirit of joy and peace that could only come from the Lord. I wanted to sing my heart out. I wanted to be able to somehow pause or freeze the moment, to be able to take it out later and experience the spirit of that morning at some time when I might be down or discouraged. But perhaps the Lord will allow me to keep it in my heart!

3. I don't remember what we were making this week, but I think it was some kind of Christmas goodies. It was something with vanilla in it anyway! Wwwwwooooowwwww... I think vanilla is one of the best smells in the world :) !

4. Mom made chicken and rice the other day and after we'd finished eating it, there was just a little bit of rice left over that she needed eaten up. It's so good anyway, but she poached eggs for Trissy and me one night for supper, and with the left-over rice, that makes one of the best 'comfort food' suppers ever!

5. We got some flannel sheets at Wal*Mart one year at the after-Christmas sales. Those are so nice to put on your bed when it starts to get a little chilly! I climbed in bed one night this week, and I was so tired, and the sheets were so clean and soft and wonderful!

No comments: