~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, December 23, 2011

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 12



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Bro. Dennis And Mrs. Carrie Holding Maxwell In Church

2. Hearing: A Bunch Of Crows In A Tree

3. Smell: Mrs. Renae's Youngest Daughter's Hair

4. Taste:

5. Touch: Maxwell's Hand

The stories behind the list:

1. So many Sunday mornings over the past two years, as I've listened to Bro. Earl's preaching, my eyes have wandered to where Bro. Dennis and Mrs. Carrie sit, a little ahead and to the right of where my family is. I have envisioned a small round head resting in the crook of those sheltering arms. I have ached and prayed for the day when that image would not be imagined, but real.
This Sunday morning, it was. And I have felt joy like that only a very few times in my life. Joy, and the real-life realizing of the faith that believes in the result of Work you cannot see.

2. Have you ever been near a tree where a whole bunch of crows are having a gossip party? My what a ruckus they make! But what a nice, country-ish sort of ruckus :) !

3. The Wednesday night before Christmas, Victory Rd. has a church service by candlelight, and the classes aren't divided up like usual on Wednesday night, everybody's together. I got to the church early, since I went straight from work. Mrs. Renae's youngest daughter, who's about six and the type that never meets a stranger, came to me about as soon as I'd gotten sat down and asked, "Miss Kyrie, will you braid my hair?" Of course I was happy to. She chattered the whole time, and informed me that if I smelled strawberries, it was her hair because she had just washed it and her shampoo smelled like strawberries. I told her it was very nice :) !

4. I actually forgot to record a 'Taste' thing for this week... :[

5. Sunday after church, Bro. Dennis and Mrs. Carrie were getting ready to leave, and Bro. Dennis was carrying Maxwell's carrier to the door. I had hurried over to where they were, hoping to get a better view of the baby (I'd only seen pictures), but when I saw they were ready to leave, I stepped back, not wanting to delay them. Bro. Dennis noticed though, and stopped and turned the carrier so I could see. I don't think I've ever seen a newborn baby that I could honestly say was good-looking - until Maxwell. He is beautiful, end of story.
One of his tiny little hands was out from under the blanket, and I couldn't resist reaching out to touch it with one finger. He stirred a little in his sleep, and I wanted to cry for sheer happiness.

No comments: