~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, November 25, 2011

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 8



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: My Hope Star On The Horizon

2. Hearing: Rain On The Roof During An Afternoon Nap

3. Smell: Woodsmoke

4. Taste: Home-made White Fudge

5. Touch: My soft red fuzzy scarf


The stories behind the list:

1. There is a star that is bright and clear, and in the Fall it appears in the western sky above the horizon in our neck of the woods. I call it my "Hope Star". I want to find out if it really has a name - it is so bright and definite that I'm sure it must.
I call it the "Hope Star" for a sort of long-story-reason. Maybe one day I'll get the story told here. Until then, lets just say that once I was very discouraged and I looked up and saw it, and somehow it gave me hope. So when I see it now, it gives me a warm feeling.

2. One day this week, (Tuesday, I think) we were afforded the luxury of an afternoon nap. It was raining too - a perfect, steady, soothing, pitter-patter type rain. Absolutely delicious to sleep to. That nap was so refreshing!

3. I was driving either to school and work for the day, or back from school and work at the end of the day - I can't remember which - one day this week, and suddenly I smelled the smell of a wood-burning stove or fireplace. Or it could have just been someone burning in their woods. Anyway, it was the smell of cozy nights, winter weather, roasted marshmallows, and Christmas. It made me smile.

4. Mom made white fudge for Thanksgiving. I usually do not care for white fudge very much, but I tasted a crumb of it after she made it, 'cause it was making me so hungry, and it was delicious! I don't know what she did different this year, but that fudge was A. May. Zing.

5. This one is kindof funny... A couple of years ago, during the winter, Mom and Trissy and I were grocery shopping in Wal*Mart, and we passed a rack with a bunch of those knitted scarves out of that fuzzy 'yarn'. There were white, and black, and red, and blue, and lavender, etc. etc. They looked so soft and tempting, so I touched one as we went past. It WAS soft! I wanted to rub my face all in it :) ! But I would never wear something that outlandish in public, and they were ten dollars - way too much to spend on something just because it was soft!
Every time we went back to Wal*Mart I checked to see if they'd gone down in price. They fell to $7. Then to $5. Still too much to spend on a 'just for fun' item, without it being practical as well.
Several more days later, maybe even weeks, I can't remember, we were in again, and I went and looked at them. By this time there were not that many left, but there was still a red one - my favorite color. Only this time when I checked, there was a $3 tag on them, and a worker taking them off the rack and putting them into a cart. If I was going to get one, now was the time.
Yeah, I did. And yeah, I sleep with it every night. It's so soft! Don't judge me! I know alot of y'all still sleep with stuffed animals, and this isn't so much different... :D

1 comment:

Jaylyn said...

I'm judging you for sleeping with, a red fuzzy scarf. :-)