~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, November 18, 2011

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 7



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Glittering morning frost on my car

2. Hearing: Sunday-afternoon choir practice working on our Christmas cantata

3. Smell: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

4. Taste: Home-made Peanut Butter Chews

5. Touch: A thunderstorm wind


The stories behind the list:

1. Have you ever seen a clean surface, covered in pure white frost, early in the morning, and the glittery effect it has? Much more perfect and stunning than anything man could make.

2. I am SO thankful to be allowed to be part of the choir at Victory Rd. I can't sing that well, and sometimes I feel like I should just quit. I know how my part is supposed to sound, and I can read music, and even hit the notes, but the quality of my voice is a little too grainy to be really nice, and I feel like I'm just messing up some of the others, and making myself look silly in the process. But then we have a session like this past Sunday, and I just can't quit! I love it too much! It's such a great time to get closer to people, to learn more about them as individuals, and to learn more about music. Bro. Dennis really works hard to whip us into shape. Right now we're working on our Christmas cantata and it is probably the best and most beautiful one we've done since my family has been at Victory Rd.
Then there's the great camaraderie and joking that is such a part of any small-ish gathering at Victory Rd. The Bass section sits behind the Tenor section in choir, and all those guys do like to carry on. The fun and banter is mixed with serious moments of concentration and friendship. It's wonderful.

3. The other night Mom made grilled cheese sandwiches for supper. I had already been thinking how wonderful a grilled cheese sandwich would taste, and that aroma as they were toasting - WOW! Toasty, cheesy, perfect.

4. Henley makes the best peanut butter chews. She brought some to our church Thanksgiving meal Tuesday evening and they were SO good.

5. One of my favorite outdoor 'activities' is a walk during a summer thunderstorm. Obviously it's not summer now, but I was out momentarily during the wind before a storm this week, and the fight with the wind is always so exhilarating - and comforting. The force, the power, the energy, the amazing beauty... I feel almost like I am being hugged by God, and I mean that in the most awe-filled, reverent way. Many of the moments in my life when I have felt His presence the strongest were when I was out in a storm.

No comments: