~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, November 18, 2011

His Mysterious Ways

This morning as I was grabbing my laptop, charger, books, and papers I would need for school, and trying to get it all in my bag, I was frantically looking for anything I could leave! That bag gets very heavy, and even a few papers sometimes seems to make a difference. I unzipped the outside pocket to drop in a CD I had to return to one of the teachers at VRCA, and found my DVD copy of "Lost Or Found". It has been there literally for a couple of months, waiting for me to get a few minutes (and the memory!) to run by Victory Rd. and ask our secretary to make a copy of it for The Grandparents. I took it out for a minute, then shoved it back in. If I took it out now, that copy would never get made! Hopefully it would be safe.

In art class today, all we had was a vocabulary test. That only took a couple of minutes, so I moved to the next room to use one of the computers in her Mac lab for the rest of the time that would have been used for class. It was in that same room, on one of those same computers, that I made "Lost Or Found" last Fall. Funny, touching a Mac keyboard still gives me a nice feeling and brings back all those memories!

I'd been there about an hour or so, when Mr. Smith, my instructor last Fall for the class where we made the movies, stuck his head in. "Oh! Hello! Just the person I wanted to see!"
He's what you'd call "hyper", I guess, always bouncing, always unpredictable, but a great teacher.
Now I wondered what on earth he would want me for, but as he came into the room, a whole string of students was following him, and he was talking to them.
"...in last year's class...made a movie...you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the movie you made with you, would you?"
I blinked, then nodded slowly.
"Yes sir, I do."
"Do you really? Would you mind if the class saw it? They were wanting to see an example of what the finished product is supposed to look like."
I got up and went into the other room where I'd left my stuff, praying all the time.
My little movie was going to be shown - again - to a group of students. The very same class in fact, that I'd made it in, and for. What's more, some of my classmates from another class were now in this one, and would see it as well.
I unzipped that outside pocket, and took out the DVD case. I'd almost left it at the house that morning.
So sure enough, he turned my computer screen around so most of the students could see it, I popped the disk in, and after a few minutes (where my mind blanked out and I could not for anything remember how to play a DVD on a Mac), the menu screen came up, and I hit "Play Movie". As I got up and stepped away from the computer, I heard the familiar "Boing!" of the intro, and Mr. Smith's voice explaining how an intro was a requirement...that I hadn't used a video camera...a digital camera to photograph...put the images together and used the Ken Burns effect to create the illusion of movement...about 3 or 4 minutes long...
My legs were so wobbly! I was standing sortof a little to the side and behind the screen so as not to block anyone's view, but as the soundtrack to Chris Rice's "Come to Jesus" played, I could see the images playing in my mind.
It was interesting to watch the faces. Boredom, curiosity, thoughtfulness, skepticism, etc.
But when it finished, one of my classmates from last Spring leaned over and said, "That was really good Kyrie." I was surprised she even remembered my name! I got to chat with her for a couple of minutes before they had to begin their work.

What an opportunity! There was no way all that was a coincidence!
Me putting that DVD in my bag in the first place, all those weeks ago.
It staying there, me forgetting to take it to have a copy made.
Me deciding at the last minute to stick it back in this morning.
Me staying over after the test to work on one of those computers, instead of going on up to the library, like I usually do.
Staying that long. I'd intended to leave after just a little while, but I was still there when Mr. Smith's class came in.
My classmates from another class, now being in this one.

It had to be what they call, "a God thing".
The Lord works in mysterious ways.
May He be glorified, and continue to use this little movie for His purpose - for that was why it was made in the first place!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hey Kyrie,
Yay, I'm so glad you were able to get the Etsy widget up. It looks great! :) You are welcome! ;)

<3