~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, November 30, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 61



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: First Christmas Lights Of The Season

2. Hearing: Noel's Concern

3. Smell: Plaid Shirt

4. Taste:

5. Touch: Peeling almonds (sat.)

The stories behind the list:

1. On my way to Justice and Noel's house for the college supper and fellowship Sunday night, I passed a house decorated tastefully for Christmas with strings of twinkling lights. The first lights of the season, and I felt a happy rush of the Christmas spirit.

2. In Sunday School I must have been a little more quiet than usual, because during a lull Noel suddenly looked at me and asked, "Are you okay?"
I was a little surprised, for of all recent Sundays, this day my heart was more at peace about things than usual, and all my thoughts were restful ones. But I told her laughingly that I guessed I was fine. She shrugged, almost self-consciously, and said I just didn't seem to be smiling much.
Her friendly concern warmed my heart.

3. I got out a plaid shirt to wear Wednesday night that I hadn't worn since I went with the church group to the children's ranch in January for that mission trip. The shirt still smelled like the washing detergent we used on our clothes there, and as I put it on the scent washed me back to those wonderful memories.

4.

5. Am I the only weird person out there who likes to put almonds in their mouth, and try to peel the brown skin off with just their teeth and tongue? I've enjoyed doing that since I was a little kid, and Saturday I wanted a healthy snack that would take my mind off of how much I wanted an unhealthy one. So I went and got a mouthful of almonds and spent the next hour or so peeling them as I went about my Saturday afternoon/evening routine.

No comments: