~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Where I Love To Be

Last night I got to leave work at VRCA a little early, which meant I got to go to the church early before music practice. Simon and Law were already there playing together. We exchanged hellos, and Law told me that Archer said practice would have to start around 6:30 'cause he had to work late. That would give me almost a whole hour to rest and listen. What a treat!

The boys went back to their playing of random bits of song, switching instruments, giving each other advice, and discussing chords and rhythm and such.
After taking off my coat and putting down my things, I found a pen and a piece of paper and wrote:

"It's enough just to be here, sitting in a corner, knowing they don't mind my presence, listening to their voices and their music. I have no idea what they're playing, but I like it."

I dug my current read out of my bag, got my coat (it was pretty cold!), and curled up in the big old recliner at the back of the room.

But I didn't read my book for a while. I reclined the chair, stretched out with my coat over me, and closed my eyes, resting in the softness and listening to their voices and their music. A wonderful deeply satisfying peace was in my heart. Rest and contentment.

Few, if any, places thrill me like my church does. To just be there, even if no one else is, but especially if there are others, is to remember hard and precious lessons, priceless experiences, complete laughter, beautiful faces, joy, tears, praise, love, mercy, hope, and the unbelievable compassion of almighty God. I never tire of that place.

This morning in my devotional reading, I ran onto this verse, and it expresses my spirit quite well:

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple." Ps. 27:4

No comments: