~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Door Star


I saw this branch star on Pinterest the other day, and thought I'd like to try to make a similar one for our front door. Tonight we're having some of the ladies from church over for a movie and Christmas snacks, and I asked Mom if I could try to make a star before they came. She was okay with it, but asked if I could make something that had some red and green in it :) .
So with only about a half-hour before I had to leave for work at the academy, I grabbed the clippers and dashed out to a nice hedge of bushes behind our chicken house and cut five thin switches that still had nice green leaves on them.



Back inside, and armed with Mom's trusty old die-hard glue gun and some newspaper to protect the counter, I laid out the twigs in the star shape I wanted, and started hot-gluing. I normally don't like to to use glue on things like fabric and wood projects, but I was in a hurry this time.




With Trissy's help, I glued both at the joints where the ends met, and at the places in the middle where the branches crossed each other to make it a little sturdier.


Trissy found a bright ribbon in the scrap bag, and voila!


No comments: