~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, April 20, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 29



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: 'My Brown-eyed Boy' And A Friend At Thursday Night Bible Study

2. Hearing: A Bug Buzzing

3. Smell:

4. Taste: Cheetos

5. Touch: A Young Friend Resting Her Head On My Shoulder

The stories behind the list:

1. Several of us have been trying to get 'my brown-eyed boy' to come to our Thursday night college Bible study for a couple of months. He's always said he didn't have a car. Which he doesn't, but we keep telling him someone could pick him up. Well, for whatever the reason, whether he forgets or whatever, he hasn't come. Finally we stopped pestering him about it. He knows he's welcome. Anyway, last night he showed up and brought a friend! They were late, but he said he didn't know what time we started. Anyway, it was such a boost when they walked in! Maybe they'll come back.

2. I was the only one in one end of the house and was sitting doing something quiet, but there was a tiny bug hovering around pestering me. Suddenly, with the quiet and stillness, I noticed a tiny humming/buzzing sound. It was so faint, I knew it was that tiny little bug. And it just got me thinking. If there was any other sound in the room, or even in that end of the house, I would not have been able to hear that miniscule little 'voice' - it would have been intirely drowned. Yet it was humming anyhow. And since everything was quiet, I could hear it.
There has to be an object lesson in that somewhere.

3.

4. I know they are horrible for you, but I love Cheetos. I had a little bag of them I'd been hoarding for a rainy day, and Wednesday (since I wouldn't get supper 'til after church) I took them with me to work. They were SO good! Then during class, I started feeling shaky - I hadn't had much lunch, and then just a snack before church, and I was afraid if I didn't eat something, I wouldn't make it driving back to the house. So after class I went down to the kitchen - there are usually snacks of some kind that people bring and leave for whoever wants them. Guess what I found? A gallon bag of Cheetos! I put me some in a little styrofoam coffee cup (no, I did not eat the whole bag!) and they certainly helped.

5. There is a trio of middle-school girls who comes to various church events at Victory Rd. I'm not sure where they're from or how they got started coming, but they usually come to Thursday morning breakfast, and I think they come on Wednesday night too. I first got to know them at D-Now last year. Anyhow, Trissy and I have been trying to really reach out to them and show them friendship. We get to talk to them at breakfast on Thursday mornings, and try to give them a hug either when they get there or when they start to leave. This Thursday two of them came - the oldest one and the middle one. When everybody was in line, I felt a hand on my arm. I thought it might be one of Mrs. Renae's two girls, but as I turned, she rested her head on my shoulder for a second and I realized it was the oldest of the trio. I smiled at her and reached back and squeezed her fingers on my arm. This is what it's about. Touching another life with the love Christ has shown to us. How I hope and pray my life is acting as a magnet, to draw others - like this dear girl - to the hope and joy only Jesus can give to life.

No comments: