~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Saturday, January 28, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 17



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight:

2. Hearing: Our Chick, Peo, 'Peo! Peo!'-ing

3. Smell: Thursday Morning Breakfast

4. Taste: Hot Dog

5. Touch: Holding Maxwell

The stories behind the list:

1.

2. Our banty hen 'Pigeon' wanted to set so we put three eggs under her, and one hatched. Trissy named the chick 'Peo' because that's the noise it makes :) !
Pigeon was fiercely protective at first, but after just a couple of weeks, she just began ignoring Peo and we were afraid to let him/it out with the others because they were so mean to it. So we're leaving it in the cage until it gets big enough to fend for itself. It's so cute though, because now that Peo doesn't have a real 'mama', it thinks of us as it's mother! And whenever we go out there and take it out of the cage, it will run to us and hide in our hands and just cry, "Peo! Peo!" all the time :). It's fun to have something usually so flighty as a chicken become such a pet.

3. As I've mentioned before, Victory Rd. prepares breakfast every Thursday morning as a ministry to the school kids. Anyone in school or college is welcome to come, eat breakfast, hear a devotional, and then get a ride to school if they don't have one. Trissy and I always try to go, not only to get breakfast ;) but also to encourage our two cooks who get up so early to fix it, and to befriend the kids who come. This Thursday when the door opened, that delicious smell of a full country breakfast coming out to greet us was absolutely wonderful.

4. One of the best supper snacks is a left-over hot dog, heated in the microwave until the sides split open, then wrapped in a mayonaise-and-ketchup-spread piece of whole-wheat bread. Oh yumminess.

5. I finally got to hold Maxwell for the first time Sunday. It was wonderful! He was so small and sturdy and warm. Mrs. Carrie didn't want him passed around for the first few weeks, but she would have let me hold him anyway two Sundays ago. I had a cough though, and I decided I'd better not. Then last Sunday I was at the Strength To Stand conference, so I didn't get to then. So as soon as church was over Sunday, I was at their pew. One of the women who sits in front of them had already gotten him, so I asked her if I could hold him when she was done. But then I thought that was pretty dumb of me! Mrs. Carrie was his mother, so I should ask her! She smiled and said it would be fine. When I finally had him and the other woman had left, Mrs. Carrie thanked me for asking first. She said the other woman didn't. I was sure glad I had!

No comments: