~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, January 13, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 15



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Hard-working Friends

2. Hearing: Bragging On 'My Brown-eyed Boy'

3. Smell: Cedar

4. Taste: Hot Chocolate

5. Touch: Warm Fire

The stories behind the list:

1. As I mentioned in the post below, I was so blessed by the willingness demonstrated by those who had gone to the children's ranch to work. At one point, I stood still a minute to rest, and just took a moment to try to observe the scene around me as if I was detached from it. And what I saw was so encouraging - men and women, various ages, various experience in manual labor, but all busy, working together to accomplish a good thing - for the glory of the Lord and the encouragement of His children.

2. The second day of work, 'my brown-eyed boy' went to help some of the girls with a large fallen tree on another part of the ranch that they were going to cut up and move. Lindy said later, '['My brown-eyed boy'] worked like a beast!'
I was so proud for him.

3. Alot of the trees we cut down were cedar. I hated it, but the director of the ranch is allergic to cedar, and there were SO many. At times though, the air would be filled with the pleasant smell.
I thought later, what a blessing if all God's Christians could be like those cedar trees. So many of us, that even though our enemies may try to destroy us, we cannot be exterminated. And when we are tortured and dying, we give off a sweet odor of glory to our Lord.

4. It was so cold! Hot chocolate was a staple on that trip!

5. The evenings were so cold, and nearly every night about supper time before we had devotional, Aron would start a fire in the big stone fireplace with some of the smaller logs we'd cut up during the day. It would be one of those "Ah! This is life!" moments, curled up on the comfy couch in front of the fireplace, surrounded by friends, and just cold and tired enough to really be able to appreciate the luxury of the situation!

No comments: