~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, January 6, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 14



Note: Let me begin by apologizing for not having an item for each category. Often I do notice something but am not able to write it down immediately, and so forget by time to write the "5 Small Things Friday" post. From now on, if I have neglected to record something for a category, I will simply leave it blank. But I AM trying to do better about recording my Small Things as soon as I notice them :) !

Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight:

2. Hearing: Mom Singing "Jesus Messiah"

3. Smell:

4. Taste:

5. Touch: Morning Devotional Under My Fleece 'Eagle' Blanket


The stories behind the list:

1.

2. We are people who are not really big on 'Contemporary Christian' music. However, here and there we find a song that becomes a favorite, for an assortment of reasons. "Jesus Messiah" is one of those songs. The words and harmony are gorgeous. It was part of our Christmas Cantata at church, and the other day I heard Mom singing it as she did things around the house. It made me smile :) !

3.

4.

5. We have a dear friend who was a nurse at the same hospital Mom was years ago, and has kept close to our family all these years. She and her husband live out of state, but came here to attend my high school graduation. At the time, she was into making the reversible fleece blankets - the kind that are tied together along the sides. So, when they came over, she brought two panels of fleece and we made Trissy a blanket. A couple of years later, they came back for Trissy's high school graduation, and brought two pieces for me a blanket! Whenever we use those blankets now, it brings back good memories of us all working together, tying them up. She knows I am very patriotic, and the fleece she brought for mine was one piece with flags and eagles on it, and a piece that was solid dark blue. In the winter I put it on my bed at night, and it's as warm as a quilt. So when I get up early in the morning to have my devotional, I pull it off the bed and take it with me to the living room to cover with. Even if it's very cold, I stay warm and cozy under that blanket!

No comments: