~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, October 28, 2011

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 4



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday". And yes, I know I haven't posted No. 3 yet. There was another post hinged on it that I haven't finished yet, so I'll be posting them at the same time when I get them finished.
For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: A group of kids playing football.

2. Hearing: Victory Rd.'s young musicians.

3. Smell: An evergreen candle.

4. Taste: A snacky supper - a bowl of green beans, a corn dog, a piece of cheese toast, and a little bowl of strawberry yogurt.

5. Touch: Warm snuggly blankets on a chilly night.

The stories behind the list:

1. In after-school, one of the things the kids love to do is play football. The teachers' kids will come out and get the game going with the after-school children. They'll get their teams together and play for hours and hours. It's so fun to see them - from thirteen to about six, all out there running their hearts out, having a ball, and they're all pretty good too! The light is just beautiful - that late-afternoon light - and it adds such a neat affect to the scene. This Wednesday after-noon was like that.

2. Every Wednesday night when they play and sing, it seems like the group just gets better. This past Wednesday was no exception.

3. One day when I got back to the house, Trissy had a candle burning on the kitchen table. It was Evergreen scent, and it made the whole house smell like a pine fire. Oh, it was SO nice!

4. Saturday evening, I think it was, The Grandparents came to the house for supper. Alot of times for supper we do a kindof 'every man for himself' thing, and we just have whatever. It's fun! This time Mom made tomato soup and cheese toast since we had guests, but I went ahead and fixed myself a hodge-podge of some of my favorite things out of the left-overs we had in the fridge, in addition to the already-delicious meal :) .

5. One night it was supposed to get cold, so I put an extra quilt on my bed and when I woke up the next morning, I was snuggly warm against the chill. Mmmmm!

No comments: