~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Saturday, May 29, 2010

"...Thou Hast Made Me Glad..."

Thank you to anyone who prayed for my friend's mother and baby brother - he is here, and everything appears to be fine! PRAISE THE LORD! Trissy and I were at the church working on VBS decorations, and Mom called and told me the postcard had come. Praise God! My friend and her little sisters (not to mention her parents) have been wanting a little brother for a long time, but some medical quirk (I don't know the name of it) caused her mother not to be able to have sons for some reason. I've been praying about it for several years, and in 2007, it looked like the Lord was going to allow it to happen, but they lost him. So when my friend wrote and told me in October (best birthday present!) that she was going to have another brother or sister, I knew (you know, as sure as human 'sure' can be) that it would be a boy, and that the Lord would keep him safe, and I've been praying so hard for the past seven months. Yesterday, when I hadn't heard yet, I was beginning to get so afraid, so I went out into our little orchard and sat down in the grass, and just poured out my heart before the Lord. Finally, a peace came, I just let the Lord have it, and the thought came to me, "Maybe I'll get word in the mail today." Well, I didn't, but I'd given it to Him, and though I was still sad, it was just kindof like, "Well, okay."

Then I got the postcard today.

It was as if the Lord took just long enough for me to let it go. Isn't He good?

This is the main verse that has been repeating itself through my mind throughout the afternoon:

"For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands."

Ps. 92:4

There have been others as well, all praising God for His wonderful works to the children of men! Oh He is Good! Praise His Name! My words fail, trying to express the thankfulness of my heart, but I know He understands my gratitude, and I wanted to share this little story in the hopes of encouraging someone who may read it.

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

No comments: